Area Accounting Controller
Reporting to: Area Finance Manager
He/she will undertake financial controls and supervision for all finance related activities/tasks in Telkom Shops and Trade Marketing Managers (TMMs) retail sales outlets, reconciliations and reporting to ensure that Company cash, stocks and mobile money are safeguarded.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- On daily basis receive scanned copies of banking slips from the shops and TMMs and retrieve daily shop and TMM collections from the receipting system and update in the reporting template
- Reconcile Shops and TMMs daily collection and banking by confirming that daily receipts are banked intact (including cash and cheques) the following working day, based on the set threshold as per instructions and memo issued from time to time (including cash and cheques).
- Follow up on any variances between collections and banking in both shops and TMM Sales Outlets for resolution, and escalate to Area Finance Manager any unresolved variances for further follow up with the relevant stakeholders.
- Obtain on daily basis all stocks movements certification from TMMs and the strong room controllers (signed by the shop supervisor/Shop Manager) in the prescribed format which incorporates physical count and variances analysis.
- Ensure that all variances reported in the daily stocks movement reports are clearly explained with reference numbers, dates and the action points/persons for follow up and monitoring Variances resolutions within 48hrs as stipulated in the Finance shop training guideline manual.
- Ensure that all Stocks in Transit (SIT) from the Warehouse/Central stores to the shops and TMMs is received/acknowledged in the system,and any outstanding/unresolved SIT escalated to the Area Finance Manager for further follow up.
- Obtain on daily basis from the shops a summary of Mobile Money cash float and bank movements and balances certification by shop Manager/Supervisor in the prescribed format and confirm bank balances with the bank statements.
- Perform and or coordinate the shops and TMMs planned and unplanned inspections/checks on cash, stocks, Mobile money and compliance to laid down policies, processes and guidelines
- Submit/circulate a spot check report (in the prescribed format) to the stakeholders (Area Finance Manager, Treasury, Stocks Management, IT, Shop support) for actions to be taken to resolve any variances not resolved during the inspection.
- Perform a daily review of Bank Statements to identify any bounced cheques, Prompt reversal of the bounced cheques and blacklisting of the customers. Circulate/submit to Treasury Credit Control and Area Finance Manager an updated weekly report on all bounced cheques and blacklisting status of the offenders.
Academic/ Professional Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Accounting or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in similar position.
- Qualified Accountant CPA(K) or similar qualification
- Above Average Knowledge of MS Office suite and accounting applications
- Experience in telecommunication industry is an added advantage