Vacancy: Sales Account Manager
Job Summary: BioLite Inc., a social enterprise, seeks full-time staff to support sales, delivery and after-sales service to MFI customers who purchase the HomeStove – a clean-burning Jiko that generates electricity from the fire for lighting and mobile charging.
About BioLite: BioLite is a US-based social enterprise, which designs, manufactures, and markets energy products for off-grid communities around the world.
Half the planet still cooks on indoor open wood fires and the toxic smoke they emit kills nearly 4 million people every year. Indoor fires are also inefficient, requiring double the fuel of more efficient stoves, and producing particles, which pollute our atmosphere contributing to climate change.
In response to these challenges, BioLite has developed the HomeStove. The HomeStove is an advanced, affordable, clean-burning stove that can reduce indoor smoke by 90%, and reduce fuel use by half. Additionally, the HomeStove produces electricity from the fire for charging phones and lights.
In Kenya, BioLite is launching sales of the innovative HomeStove through the micro finance channel. Ensuring customers are happy with their HomeStove and using it regularly is key to achieving a positive social and environmental impact – this is where we need you!
The successful candidates will receive comprehensive training from BioLite to fulfil the following activities:
- Provide high quality demonstrations of the HomeStove at MFIs Branch offices, loan collection meetings, and at market days organised by MFI and BioLite.
- Achieve sales targets.
- Develop long term productive relationships with the clients.
- Support the delivery of HomeStoves to customers in MFI Branches, ensuring that each customer receives the correct stove, and completes a warranty form.
- Maintaining accurate records.
- Train new HomeStove customers on correct usage of the stove
- Respond to any customer complaints or queries regarding the HomeStove
- Respond to HomeStove service requests within 7 days of incident report
- Display efficiency in gathering market and customer info to enable negotiations regarding variations in prices, delivery and customer specifications.
- Researching and recommending new market opportunities for the HomeStove.
Sales Account Manager
Desired skills and experience
- Sales and marketing experience
- You must have at least 3 year prior sales and marketing experience, and able to effectively deliver on the required targets.
- You should possess the skill to work both in the team and perform independently.
Customer service experience
- Ensuring that HomeStove customers are happy is a top priority. Experience of receiving and resolving customer questions and complaints in a friendly and effective manner is important to this role.
Good with technical detail
- You will have to learn about all aspects of stove operation and repair, and be able to explain this simply and effectively to others.
Well organised and detail oriented
- It is important that you can plan your time efficiently and effectively to ensure that you are prepared for product demonstrations at times when customers are in branch, customer repairs are carried out promptly, and deliveries go smoothly.
- You will work closely with MFI’s management and credit officers to organise Home Stove demonstrations, training and after sales service. A productive relationship with them is key.
Candidates are required to have at least a Bachelor’s / Diploma in Marketing, or social work and community development.
Location: Narok, Kitale, Kakamega, Homabay, Awendo, Sondu, Oyugis, Kisumu, Kisii
Send your CV and application letter to email@example.com on or before April 24th, 2017. Specify the Area you would like to work.
Interviews will take place between 26th & 28th April 2017, confirmed applicants must be available for on boarding training in May.