Vacancy: Data Science Implementation Engineer
Department: Activation and Growth
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Job posting: 18-04-2017 until 05-05-2017.
Starting date: Immediate.
Who are we?
Cellulant is a pan – African digital payments business. We run an ecosystem of consumers, merchants and banks in which we facilitate payments and build value through the value-added services we layer on top.
In building this ecosystem we serve different types of customers with different products, in a range that includes mobile banking products, mobile credit products, USSD, SMS, and digital content. We are currently serving merchants and banks across 10 countries, and a wide set of industries
Our true competitive advantage lies in the ecosystem we are building – if we do a good job over the next few years, it will be the glue* that will connect everyone to everything – every consumer to every business in Africa.
To be able to meet these aggressive growth expectations we need to grow our dynamic team.
We invite you to be part of that growth by submitting your application to the following role.
Description: Data orchestrator reporting to the Data Scientist – Consumer Activation & Growth.
Today, Tech systems and processes are producing 2.5 quintillion bytes of data a day! At Cellulant, our processes produce about 50 million data records a day.
This data is in disparate sources – different databases of different kinds, application & API log files as well as cloud services written in different languages and styles. No worries if you didn’t know any of that.
Our point is, and you’ve probably already noted, there is a considerable challenge right there to anyone who would like to have a way to view, analyze or extract this data from one central place.
Data is beautiful and powerful….if you can train it. If you are fascinated by the world of Big Data and how to orchestrate a data pipeline with data from different source systems as well as manage data applications to generate business value and insights, then you could be who we are looking for.
- You will be the principle ETL developer responsible for managing existing and new processes and applications required to extract, transform, clean and move data and metadata from source systems into our data warehouse or operational data store.
- You will be the heartbeat of our data strategy by ensuring our data solutions are up to date and accurate as well as ensure that our activation and growth toolsets are highly available.
- You will whole-heartedly own the responsibility to ensure that the data science, activation and growth department as well as their tool’s data requirements are met by managing our data pipeline, campaign management solution and our analytics tools’ performance and uptime.
- You will be practical and hands on and we will work with you to build product feature enhancements on-top of our current analytics toolsets and campaign management tools to ensure that our data driven consumer acquisition, activation, use and retention goals are met and exceeded.
- You will lead the department’s collaboration with internal stakeholders to define and execute cross-functional data movements into our central warehouse.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent experience required
- 3+ years practical experience with the Java & PHP programming languages a must.
- Experience in software life-cycle development (SDLC).
- Experience with web services – SOAP & REST Based.
- Preferred experience with Apache Tomcat application server and SOA.
- Expert ability in SQL and mySQL server management and administration.
- Expert scripter in Linux, Solaris or UNIX OS’s.
- Excellent and demonstrable system and solutioning design and documentation skills
- 1 years’ experience in managing data lineage, ETL design and maintenance prefered.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Ability to translate ideas and business requirements into fully functioning ETL workflows initiatives on several simultaneously assigned tasks.
Do you have questions about this vacancy?
Visit our website at www.cellulant.com
Please do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail or telephone: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0202606696.