Job Title: Consultant Trainer on Grant Management
Introduction: Indepth Research Services (IRES) is an international training, capacity building, technical, and management consultancy undertaking firm with solutions for development interventions in Africa and around the world.
The firm offers technical training and education services designed for individuals, and organizations working in the agriculture, climate change and environment; disaster management; education; food and nutrition; health; humanitarian relief; logistics and telecommunication; recovery and reconstruction; safety and security; water sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are seeking an individual with deep financial acumen and a strong track record of success in managing donor funds.
Key Responsibilities as a Trainer
Design and develop training programs
- Creation or modification of required training modules
- Choose appropriate training methods per case (simulations, mentoring, on the job training, professional development classes etc.)
- Use accepted education principles and track new training methods and techniques
- Design and prepare educational aids and materials
- Determine additional training strategies based on data or observation
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Submission of training materials and reports to IRES
- Feedback sessions: post training support to IRES clients
Reporting/Liaison to Training Coordinator:
- Be in a position to train grant management and fundraising course that covers objectives that include;
- Identifying and understanding the critical terms and conditions of grant aid for donor-funded projects
- Compliance with donor terms and conditions
- Donor requirements in relation to supporting documents, procurement of goods and services, financial reporting etc
- Management of multiple-funded programmes
- Proposal writing, project planning and problem analysis
- Grant management cycle
- Identifying the requirements for closing off a donor grant
- Managing donor relationships
- Developing a grants management planning, implementation, and reporting tools
- Proposal writing skills, project Planning and Project problem analysis
Minimum Qualifications and Professional Experience
- Knowledge of grant processes including accounting and financial reporting. Proficient in the use of financial management software to include spreadsheets and databases, required.
- Ability to interpret complex grant funding requirements, submissions, and budget
- Knowledge of adult learning styles and strategies.
- Knowledge of diverse populations, including programs serving professionals at different academic levels
- Track record of a proactive work style, organized, and high attention to detail important to success.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Documented oral and written communication skills, time management skills, and organizational skills.
- Three to five years of grant management with NGO experience preferred.
- Have attended a ToT course within the last two years
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in accounting or finance and previous experience in grants financial management, finance, accounting, and/or auditing. Master’s degree is preferred.
Personal Attributes, Skills & Competencies
- Qualitative and Quantitative research skills.
- Ability to manage large and complex databases
- Good communication, presentation and report writing skills
- Ability to keep up with new technology
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Self motivated;
- Attention to detail;
- Adaptability and reliability
Mode of Engagement
Successful consultants will be contacted immediately to offer services as an external consultant.
This offer is only valid for six months and will be renewable based on consultant’s performance and commences from 10th April 2017
If you have the requisite qualifications and experience please apply.
Interested applicants must provide current CVs, with telephone and e-mail contacts; addresses of three referees, and a cover letter to email@example.com by close of business 08th April 2017. 4
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: Use the job title as the subject line in your application email.
Due to the urgency in recruiting for this position CVs will be evaluated as they come.