Job Title: Consultant Trainer in Development and Humanitarian Capacity Building Institute
Indepth Research Services (IRES) is an international training, capacity building, technical, and management consultancy undertaking firm with solutions for development interventions in Africa and around the world.
The firm offers technical training and education services designed for individuals, and organizations working in the agriculture, climate change and environment; disaster management; education; food and nutrition; health; humanitarian relief; logistics and telecommunication; recovery and reconstruction; safety and security; water sanitation and hygiene sectors.
IRES is organized into three arms namely IRES International Learning and Development Centre (ILDC), Local ILDC institutes and Development and business Services.
IRES ILDC arm is dedicated to delivering holistic workplace professional, vocational education and training solutions aimed at bettering the performance of individuals and groups within organizations.
The arm is organized into 8 specialized institutes that include Research, Data Management and Statistical Analysis Institute; Project Management, Monitoring and Development Evaluation; Geospatial and Earth Observation, Agriculture Development, Food Security and Livelihoods, ICT4D and Mobile Technologies; Governance, Leadership and Management; Development and Humanitarian Capacity Building; and Health and Social Care Institute.
The 8 specialized institutes in addition to carrying out professional capacity development in their various areas of specialization, they also undertake relevant consultancy assignments.
We are looking for a trainer cum consultant to ensure the smooth and effective functioning of our Development and Humanitarian Capacity Building Institute
Key Responsibilities as a trainer
- Design and develop training programs (outsourced or in-house)
- Creation or modification of required training modules
- Choose appropriate training methods per case (simulations, mentoring, on the job training, professional development classes etc.)
- Use accepted education principles and track new training methods and techniques
- Design and prepare educational aids and materials
- Regular monitoring of learning needs analysis in the humanitarian aid sector to inform the further development of IRES courses
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Submission of training materials and reports to IRES
- Feedback sessions: post training support to IRES clients
- Reporting/Liaison to training coordinator
Key responsibility as a consultant
- Implement project activities in accordance to specified Project’s documents
- Provide advice and support to the implementation of Humanitarian Strategy through gender analysis, capacity building and technical assistance to the humanitarian coordination system throughout humanitarian programme cycle
- Organize and prepare studies on humanitarian, emergency relief and related issues
- Support policy development work and decision-making on humanitarian related issues
Minimum Educational Qualifications and Professional Experience
- At minimum masters-level degree in Sociology, Social Work, Public Health, International Development, or another relevant field,
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a humanitarian training environment with a focus on Adult Learning.
- Sound knowledge and field experience of humanitarian relief issues and a commitment to humanitarian relief.
- Demonstrable competence in and enthusiasm for practical training methods.
- A sound appreciation of the range of personal and technical issues facing relief workers such as health, International law, quality standard, gender etc.
- Computer literacy in MS Office is essential
Personal Attributes, Skills & Competencies
- Qualitative and Quantitative research skills.
- Ability to manage large and complex databases
- Good communication, presentation and report writing skills
- Ability to keep up with new technology
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Self motivated;
- Attention to detail;
- Adaptability and reliability
Mode of Engagement: Successful consultants will be contacted whenever training comes up to offer services as an external consultant. This offer is only valid for six months and will be renewable based on consultant’s performance and commences from May 2017.
If you have the requisite qualifications and experience please apply.
Interested applicants must provide current CVs, with telephone and e-mail contacts; addresses of three referees, and a cover letter to email@example.com by close of business 24th April 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: Use the job title as the subject line in your application email.
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||