Job Title: Consultant Trainer in Governance, Leadership and Management Institute
Introduction: Indepth Research Services (IRES) Kenya is an international training, capacity building, technical, and management consultancy undertaking firm with solutions for development interventions in Africa and around the world.
The firm offers technical training and education services designed for individuals, and organizations working in the agriculture, climate change and environment; disaster management; education; food and nutrition; health; humanitarian relief; logistics and telecommunication; recovery and reconstruction; safety and security; water sanitation and hygiene sectors.
IRES is organized into three arms namely IRES International Learning and Development Centre (ILDC), Local ILDC institutes and Development and business Services.
IRES ILDC arm is dedicated to delivering holistic workplace professional, vocational education and training solutions aimed at bettering the performance of individuals and groups within organizations.
The arm is organized into 8 specialized institutes that include Research, Data Management and Statistical Analysis Institute; Project Management, Monitoring and Development Evaluation; Geospatial and Earth Observation, Agriculture Development, Food Security and Livelihoods, ICT4D and Mobile Technologies; Governance, Leadership and Management; Development and Humanitarian Capacity Building; and Health and Social Care Institute.
The 8 specialized institutes in addition to carrying out professional capacity development in their various areas of specialization, they also undertake relevant consultancy assignments.
We are looking for a trainer to ensure the smooth and effective functioning of our Governance, Leadership and Management Institute.
Key Responsibilities in Training
- Design and develop training programs (outsourced or in-house)
- Creation or modification of required training modules
- Choose appropriate training methods per case (simulations, mentoring, on the job training, professional development classes etc.)
- Use accepted education principles and track new training methods and techniques
- Design and prepare educational aids and materials
- Determine additional training strategies based on data or observation
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Knowledge of Public Service in Kenya
- Proven working experience in coordinating multiple training events in a corporate setting
- Extensive knowledge of instructional design theory and implementation
- Adequate knowledge of learning management systems and web delivery tools
- Proven ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate)
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods and techniques
- MS Office proficiency
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with all levels (client, sales, program managers, supervisors, and agents)
- Previous assessment experience and training evaluation
- Training evaluation techniques
Minimum Educational Qualifications and Professional Experience
- A Masters Degree in Social Sciences
- Minimum of three (3) years work experience in a related field/position.
- A working knowledge in Sales & Marketing, preferably product/business development.
- Teaching/training experience in Leadership & Governance will be an added advantage
- Must possess astute proposal development skills
- Must be proficient with one or more data management and analysis software such as SPSS, STATA etc.
- Must be proficient in Project Management skills
- Must be proficient with Ms Office including: Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.
- Skills in graphic design will be a definite added advantage.
Personal Attributes, Skills & Competencies
- Qualitative and Quantitative research skills.
- Ability to manage large and complex databases
- Ability to teach complex statistical concepts to non-statisticians
- Good communication, presentation and report writing skills
- Ability to keep up with new technology
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Self motivated;
- Attention to detail;
- Adaptability and reliability
Mode of Engagement: Successful consultants will be contacted whenever training comes up to offer services as an external consultant. This offer is only valid for six months and will be renewable based on consultant’s performance and commences from May 2017.
If you have the requisite qualifications and experience please apply. Interested applicants must provide current CVs, with telephone and e-mail contacts; addresses of three referees, and a cover letter to email@example.com by close of business 21st April 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: Use the job title as the subject line in your application email.