Job Title: Consultant Trainer in Health and Social Care Institute
Introduction: Indepth Research Services (IRES) is an international training, capacity building, technical, and management consultancy undertaking firm with solutions for development interventions in Africa and around the world.
The firm offers technical training and education services designed for individuals, and organizations working in the agriculture, climate change and environment; disaster management; education; food and nutrition; health; humanitarian relief; logistics and telecommunication; recovery and reconstruction; safety and security; water sanitation and hygiene sectors.
IRES is organized into three arms namely IRES International Learning and Development Centre (ILDC), Local ILDC institutes and Development and business Services.
IRES ILDC arm is dedicated to delivering holistic workplace professional, vocational education and training solutions aimed at bettering the performance of individuals and groups within organizations.
The arm is organized into 8 specialized institutes that include Research, Data Management and Statistical Analysis Institute; Project Management, Monitoring and Development Evaluation; Geospatial and Earth Observation, Agriculture Development, Food Security and Livelihoods, ICT4D and Mobile Technologies; Governance, Leadership and Management; Development and Humanitarian Capacity Building; and Health and Social Care Institute.
The 8 specialized institutes in addition to carrying out professional capacity development in their various areas of specialization, they also undertake relevant consultancy assignments.
We are looking for a trainer cum consultant to ensure the smooth and effective functioning of our Health and Social Care Institute.
Key responsibilities as a trainer
- Design and develop training programs (outsourced or in-house)
- Creation or modification of required training modules
- Choose appropriate training methods per case (simulations, mentoring, on the job training, professional development classes etc.)
- Use accepted education principles and track new training methods and techniques
- Design and prepare educational aids and materials
- Determine additional training strategies based on data or observation
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Submission of training materials and reports to IRES
- Feedback sessions: post training support to IRES clients
- Reporting/Liaison to Training Coordinator:
Key responsibilities as a consultant
- Conduct survey campaigns among target populations to collect data on health trends
- Quantitative analysis, report design, report drafting, and preparation of various materials for client presentations.
- Analyze data and apply it toward public health policies or health promotion programs
- Formulate nutritional educational programs and present them to the community
- Collaborate with one another to develop research methods and interview techniques
- Facilitate focus group discussions and key informant interviews in selected areas
We are looking for Training Consultants that have expertise in the following areas:
- Health workforce and systems strengthening
- e-Health solutions
- Health information system
- Health worker training and performance
- Maternal, newborn, and child health
- Family planning and reproductive health
- HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis prevention, treatment, and care
- Malaria prevention and treatment
Minimum Educational Qualifications and Professional Experience
- Registered/licensed: Nurse, Clinical Officer, Dietitians/Nutritionists, Health Educator, Public Health Officer or comparable related field.
- Must have a minimum of a Master’s degree in health-related field.
- Knowledge of adult learning styles and strategies.
- Knowledge of diverse populations, including programs serving professionals at different academic levels
- Track record of a proactive work style, organized, and high attention to detail important to success.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Proficient in any of the following software: Ena, Epi Info, DHIS 2, OpenHDS
- Documented oral and written communication skills, time management skills, and organizational skills.
- Three to five years of project coordination experience preferred.
- Have attended a ToT course within the last two years
Personal Attributes, Skills & Competencies
- Qualitative and Quantitative research skills.
- Ability to manage large and complex databases
- Good communication, presentation and report writing skills
- Ability to keep up with new technology
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Self motivated;
- Attention to detail;
- Adaptability and reliability
Mode of Engagement: Successful consultants will be contacted whenever training comes up to offer services as an external consultant. This offer is only valid for six months and will be renewable based on consultant’s performance and commences from May 2017.
If you have the requisite qualifications and experience please apply.
Interested applicants must provide current CVs, with telephone and e-mail contacts; addresses of three referees, and a cover letter to email@example.com by close of business 21st April 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: Use the job title as the subject line in your application email.
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||