Job Title: Consultant Trainer in Project Management, Monitoring and Development Evaluation Institute
Introduction: Indepth Research Services (IRES) is an international training, capacity building, technical, and management consultancy undertaking firm with solutions for development interventions in Africa and around the world.
The firm offers technical training and education services designed for individuals, and organizations working in the agriculture, climate change and environment; disaster management; education; food and nutrition; health; humanitarian relief; logistics and telecommunication; recovery and reconstruction; safety and security; water sanitation and hygiene sectors.
IRES is organized into three arms namely IRES International Learning and Development Centre (ILDC), Local ILDC institutes and Development and business Services.
IRES ILDC arm is dedicated to delivering holistic workplace professional, vocational education and training solutions aimed at bettering the performance of individuals and groups within organizations.
The arm is organized into 8 specialized institutes that include Research, Data Management and Statistical Analysis Institute; Project Management, Monitoring and Development Evaluation; Geospatial and Earth Observation, Agriculture Development, Food Security and Livelihoods, ICT4D and Mobile Technologies; Governance, Leadership and Management; Development and Humanitarian Capacity Building; and Health and Social Care Institute.
The 8 specialized institutes in addition to carrying out professional capacity development in their various areas of specialization, they also undertake relevant consultancy assignments.
We are looking for a trainer cum consultant to ensure the smooth and effective functioning of our Project Management, Monitoring and Development Evaluation Institute
Key Responsibilities as a trainer
- Design and develop training programs (outsourced or in-house)
- Creation or modification of required training modules
- Choose appropriate training methods per case (simulations, mentoring, on the job training, professional development classes etc.)
- Use accepted education principles and track new training methods and techniques
- Design and prepare educational aids and materials
- Determine additional training strategies based on data or observation
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Key responsibilities in consultancy work
- Implementation of evaluation policies and strategies
- Management of the evaluation process
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing on monitoring and evaluation
- Develop monitoring and evaluation tools and processes for projects
- Identify and formulate lessons learned and document best practices from evaluations and studies to be integrated into project reports;
Minimum Educational Qualifications and Professional Experience
- Masters of Science in Project Management, development field, social science, economics, or relevant discipline.
- At least Three (3) years of progressive experience in Research and Capacity Building in a reputable organization.
- Good computer literacy and knowledge of multiple statistical and/or qualitative software packages such as NVIVO, Epi Info, SPSS, SAS, STATA, R Studio, MS Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Word.
- Experience conducting field research
- Strong written, verbal, organizational and Interpersonal skills,
- Have at least one publication in a revered journal
- Have attended a ToT course within the last two years
Personal Attributes, Skills & Competencies
- Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting;
- Ability to lead formulation and monitoring of management projects.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills;
- Good communication, presentation and report writing skills
- Ability to keep up with new technology
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet programs and data base management
- Excellent research and data collection methodology skills
- Self motivated;
- Attention to detail;
- Adaptability and reliability
Mode of Engagement: Successful consultants will be contacted whenever training comes up to offer services as an external consultant.
This offer is only valid for six months and will be renewable based on consultant’s performance and commences from May 2017.
If you have the requisite qualifications and experience please apply. Interested applicants must provide current CVs, with telephone and e-mail contacts; addresses of three referees, and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business 24th April 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: Use the job title as the subject line in your application email.