Our client, a consumer collaboration agency based in Nairobi is looking for industrious, ambitious, customer oriented and proactive candidates to fill the following positions:
Marketing Executives – 2 Positions
Basic Function: Responsible and accountable for defining and setting Business Development strategies and targets as well as development of polices to evaluate and monitor performance with corrective actions.
1. New Business Development;
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Cold call as appropriate within the market or region to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities. Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining and leveraging their network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set-up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/ principals.
- Plan approaches and pitches work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns and objectives.
- Participate in costing/pricing the solution/service competitively.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion. Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Present an image that adequately represents the organization and one that mirrors the expectations of the client.
2. Client Retention;
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
3. Business Development Planning;
- Attend industry functions such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services and distribution channels that will lead to increased sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiations.
- Enthusiastic about Business Development and has a proven track record in Business Development for similar products (market and social research, market strategy development and implementation) within the industry.
- Has been able to sell products and projects above the 2 million track.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and craft proposals that respond adequately to proposal briefs in both technical capability and creative execution. Able to identify opportunity and put proposals to the table.
- Demonstrated network of contacts within relevant MNCs, International NGOs and Donor agencies. Can relate with high and middle level managers.
- Critical thinker and knowledgeable about current affairs and developments in the industry (market and social research, market strategy development and implementation).
- Team Player, able to work with others to deliver on targets/ expected results. Able to build team capacity around Business Development.
- Ability to design research based proposals.
- Ability to build capacity of a team around proposal development.
- Creative in proposal development and presentation. Leaves lasting impression.
- Self driven and takes initiative within prescribed limits.
- Team player and works well with other team members to deliver proposal and project objectives.
- Ability to secure meetings with relevant personnel within the target companies.
- Wide network of contacts.
Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or social research
- Experience in marketing and market research.
- IT skills and should love working with systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a good communicator.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure.
Interested candidates should forward, their CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org by 7th April, 2017 stating their current and expected remuneration, day time telephone contact and addresses of three referees.
Candidates should indicate clearly on the subject line what position they are applying for.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.