Job Title: BRICS Senior Network Leaning Manager
DAI Inc is in search of a Senior Network Learning Manager to play a leadership role in the generation, appropriation, use and coordination of Counter Violence Extremism (CVE)-related learning by and across all BRICS projects.
BRICS is a UK funded programme which provides evidence, analysis and technical support to building resilience to Violent Extremism (VE) in East Africa.
BRICS works with government, civil society and communities in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda.
A primary focus of BRICS is to share lessons learned and support linkages between actors to strengthen resilience to VE within the BRICS network and beyond.
BRICS is seeking a pro-active, dynamic, experienced professional to catalyse and create shared learning opportunities and products with BRICS partners.
You will have excellent communication and facilitation skills and be committed to creating an enabling environment for learning and experience sharing between different organisations and leaders.
- Acting as the BRICS Implementation Unit point person, working throughout in close collaboration with the Regional Research Unit Learning Manager
- Actively contributing to the BRICS-wide learning strategy and its ongoing integration into the design of future projects
- Building the capacity of BRICS partners to reflect and act in response to CVE-related evidence generated either through their own projects or others
- Leading the design of BRICS partner learning events, in close-collaboration with the RRU Learning Manager
- Actively promoting a culture of open and collaborative relations among BRICS partners
- Generating concise, analytical and reader friendly learning outputs
- Direct experience with CSO capacity-building specifically focused on learning (as opposed to institutional capacity building)
- Extensive experience in CSO training and design experience specifically focused on learning (not M&E)
- Exceptional English writing skills (writing samples will be required and possibly writing tests)
- Experience generating concise learning outputs (such as success stories)
- Fluent Swahili speaker
- University degree
- Kenyan citizenship
- Current Learning Manager with demonstrated experience in all areas of responsibility described above
- Experience working in other East African countries with civil society and/or government partners (especially Tanzania, Uganda, Somalia)
- Experience with evidence-based programming
- Master’s degree in social sciences
- Experience working in PVE/CVE
- Experience with youth-focused projects
- Experience with proposal development
- Experience with Monitoring and Evaluation
- Somali speaker
The position is Nairobi-based with frequent travels to the field (mostly Kenya, but also in Tanzania, Uganda or other East African countries).
Only candidates being actively considered for employment will be contacted.
There is an immediate vacancy, so interested individuals are encouraged to apply promptly.
Applications (cover letter with CVs) should be sent via e-mail to BRICS_jobs@dai.com
Application deadline: 19 April 2017
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||