DANROS is a regional logistics and supply chain leader that moves business and industry through innovations inspiration and foresight. Our substantial scope of service extends from design and planning to hands on implementation. It includes non-integrated logistics services, integrated logistics and supply chain management solution and 3PL logistics services. In addition, we are also a preferred lead logistics provider (LLP) that delivers 4PL and advanced services such as supply chain strategy, operations, improvement, people alignment and technology enablement. Together, we deliver a fine balance between sustainable business service delivery and employees growth.
DANROS is looking for an Operations Manager who will coordinate various functions from shipping, clearing, warehousing and transport to ensure delivery of the right goods to the right destination by the most cost efficient means. This is a hands-on role and s/he will be responsible for ensuring the company service levels are achieved at all times.
S/he will be based in Mombasa.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities.
- Planning monthly delivery projections & tracking daily to ensure operations are running as scheduled.
- Develops leadership team and provides daily oversight for all operational requirements for the warehouse, weighbridge, workshop, clearing and transport.
- Together with each units head, develop standard operating procedures and ensure that this procedures including policies, rules and regulations are followed.
- Develop key performance indicators to monitor quality and regular measurements to determine effectiveness of procedures implemented
- Act as logistics facilitator to ensure that all elements of the distribution process are coordinated including local operations.
- Organize to service each business division while maintaining and improving overall operational and departmental efficiencies.
- Motivate, organize and encourage teamwork within the workforce to ensure set productivity targets are met.
- Participate in personnel development at all levels through communication, talent management, expectation setting and performance management.
- Coming up with a budget for all operations and follow up to ensure all operations are running within the specific budgets.
- Evaluate transportation cost and other expenses and verify that they are not more than the revenue, to ensure that a positive account balance is left at the end of every transaction.
- Being point of contact for all client inquiries and provide spot on solutions.
- Ensure that all units are functioning economically and that they all comply with the statutory requirements.
- Offering transportation management solutions that meet client’s dynamic needs.
- Provide third party distribution that matches the clients need.
- Ensure minimal time between order and delivery and ensure that client deliveries reach the client in time.
- Provide professional third party warehousing that ensures inventory safety, no inventory loss, product specific warehousing while observing optimal space utilization.
- In charge of the clearing process and get in touch with the client to have a prior knowledge of expected shipment in order to maintain a clearing budget.
- Keep records of all shipping activities, documenting procedures, guidelines, and changes in procedures for reference purposes.
- Make enquiries on shipments and getting ship docking schedules in advance so as to manage the warehouse space i.e. renting and subcontracting.
- Drives costs savings with a focus on Visibility, Variability and Velocity i.e. give a clear direction on how to ensure zero cost on storage.
- Coordinates warehousing execution for divisional strategies; develop specific warehousing requirements based on strategic plans and customer expectations; designs the appropriate warehousing solution that incorporates logistics best practices.
- Safeguard warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Space optimization to ensure returns per square feet and track costs monthly through reports.
- Keep stock control systems up to date and planning future capacity requirements.
- Ensure risk is effectively managed through compliance with all company policies including Health and Safety as well as operating within legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to adopt to appropriate technologies for warehouse management.
- Define a loading matrix.