Job Vacancy: Facilities Manager
Job Summary: We are looking for an experienced Facilities Manager to oversee all building-related activities. You will be responsible for preserving the good condition of infrastructure and ensure that facilities are safe and well functioning.
The ideal candidate will be well-organized and able to optimize the use of space and equipment while reducing operating costs.
Leadership abilities and phenomenal efficiency can set you apart among our candidate pool.
The goal is to ensure our business’s accommodation is problem-free and safe so that employees can work under the best conditions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning and coordinating all installations and refurbishments
- Managing the upkeep of equipment and supplies to meet health and safety standards
- Inspect buildings’ structures to determine the need for repairs or renovations
- Review utilities consumption and strive to minimize costs
- Supervise all staff facilities and external contractors
- Allocate and manage office space according to needs
- overseeing and agreeing contracts and providers for services including security, parking, cleaning, catering, technology and so on
- ensuring that basic facilities are well-maintained
- ensuring that facilities meet government regulations and environmental, health and security standards
- Making reports and written recommendations
- Analytical and problem-solving skills: Facilities managers must look at a lot of different information and make decisions based on needs and budget concerns.
- Communication and influencing skills, in person and in writing: Facilities managers talk to their employees, and work with management to make sure the job gets done. Being able to clearly explain what needs to be done will be necessary.
- Attention to Detail: Quality control is a large part of a facilities manager’s job. Making sure cleaning, upkeep and safety standards are maintained, or efficiencies are discovered, is key.
- Leadership Skills: Facilities managers must motivate and coordinate employees, as well as deal with any disciplinary issues that may come up
- Decision-making skills
- The ability to lead and manage teams and projects
- Commercial awareness
- Customer service skills
- Organisation, time management, prioritizing and the ability to handle a complex, varied workload
- A good knowledge of IT packages
- Proven experience as facilities manager or relevant position
- Well-versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices
- Knowledge of basic accounting and finance principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Good analytical/critical thinking
- BSc/BA in facility management, business administration or relevant field
- Relevant professional qualification
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resumes to email@example.com clearly indicating the position on the subject line.
All applications should reach us by 5th April 2017