Farm Manager – A newly established start up farm focusing on Vegetables, Fruits and Animal production.
The Vegetable and Fruits farm is located in Awendo – Migori County and the Animal production farm is located in Waondo – Mbita, Homabay County.
Role Purpose: The Farm Manager is directly accountable for the general management and oversight of the Farm to deliver and increase profitability, farm operations and general maintenance of crops and animals.
Should be ready to work and reside on the farm.
- Manage farming activities on the farm for both crops and animals.
- Developing and implementing business plans and operating budgets.
- Monitor chemical application, disease and pest control.
- Monitor animal health and welfare, including liaising with vets.
- Ensure maintenance and repair of farm buildings, machinery and equipment.
- To safeguard company’s assets by implementing proper internal control systems and procedures.
- Certificate or Diploma in Agriculture, Farm management or Animal production.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a busy farm that grows both fruits & vegetables and keeps animals (especially for beef and mutton production).
- Should be conversant with greenhouse technology.
- Must demonstrate in-depth understanding of agronomic requirements for production of high quality products.
- Should be able to create and sustain a huge client base for consumption of farm produce.
Please submit your application indicating your current and expected salary to email@example.com.
Your application must be received by Friday, 30th April 2017.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Contact 0722-703-483 for enquiries.