Catholic Diocese of Murang’a
Gaichanjiru Catholic Hospital
Job Vacancy: Specialized Clinical Officer / Nurse (Anesthetist)
- Answerable to the Medical Officer in charge
- Collaborates, liaises and consults with relevant Medical personnel in the course of duty.
Job Summary: The anesthetist will be responsible for the administration of anesthetics to patients for surgery. Your main responsibility would be to care for patients before, during and after surgery, making sure that they are safe and comfortable.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare patients for anesthesia in surgery by explaining any risks or side effects
- Administer anesthetics to patients
- Observe and monitor patients during surgery; and soon after surgery, responding quickly to any changes
- Give anesthetics to patients having procedures outside the operating theatre such as sedation in radiology.
- You’ll work closely with other healthcare professionals to provide the most appropriate and complete treatment plan to patients
- Abides with the rules and regulations of personal conduct and witness as required by the Catholic Church in Kenya.
- Any other duty as allocated by the Medical Officer in charge.
- Higher diploma in nursing or nursing anaesthesia from a recognized training institution.
- Have registration certificate and valid license from relevant regulatory body
- Minimum of two years working experience
- Registered by the anaesthetists regulatory body
Terms of employment will be on contact basis
Applications to reach the Administrator Gaichanjiru Catholic Hospital on or before 5th May, 2017
P.O Box 483-Thika