Actuarial Analyst – General Insurance Company
Our Client, a fast growing General Insurance Company wishes to recruit suitable persons to fill the position of
Actuarial Analyst Primary Responsibilities
- Provide actuarial support to various lines of business, data analysis and reporting as well as participate in the overall risk management of the group. Key Responsibilities
- Pricing of profitable and competitive products within desired timelines
- Carry out market research for upcoming products and competitors’ products analysis
- Follow up on regulatory approval on all products
- Monitoring and reporting of the performance of different products and portfolio’s
- Data Analytics reports on various trends that will inform product restructure, new product features and cost control measures for existing products
- Monthly reporting on loss ratio trends, claims cost drivers and making relevant recommendations.
- Analysis of impact of underwriting policies and claims policies on product performance
- Regular computation and analysis of technical reserves per product line
- Preparation of progress reports for Products
Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree in Actuarial Science and progress in Institute and Faculty of Actuaries UK examinations (at least 4 papers) or equivalent.
- Knowledge of statistical packages or programming (e.g. SAS, Visual Basic for Applications)
- Working experience of at least 2 years in a similar role and good knowledge on the insurance industry in Kenya
- Research skills and innovative, excellent communication skills, analytical skills and self-driven Application Process
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit cover letter and curriculum vitae indicating current and expected remuneration package to: email@example.com; by 15th April 2017.