We are seeking to recruit focused and results driven individual to fill the following position.
Head of Credit Control
Job Summary: The Head of Credit Control is primarily responsible for implementing and maintaining an efficient and effective credit control system for the company with the goal of optimizing the mix between company sales and bad debt losses.
He/She will be accountable for the consistent application of the company credit policy, periodic credit reviews on existing customers, and the credit assessment of potential customers within the laid down company procedures.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Oversee the overall management of the credit control function and the sales ledger.
- To review and approve all processed invoices, credit memos and cash receipts while ensuring that they are processed in a timely manner.
- Ensure customer statements are reconciled on time and sent out to them on a monthly basis.
- Perform regular credit assessments on customer accounts to ensure credit limits are not exceeded as provided by the credit policy.
- Ensure the correctness of the sales ledger through proper reconciliation of customer accounts and speedy resolution of any matters relating to customer accounts.
- Continuously monitor invoicing prices to ensure that customers are invoiced according to the approved price list.
- Preparation of monthly and quarter end accounts receivable schedules.
- Provide guidance and supervision of the staff members in the section through coaching and mentoring.
- A Bachelor’s degree in commerce, business administration or a related field. Full professional accounting qualifications e.g. CPA (K), ACCA.
- An MBA degree will be an added advantage.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in a senior accounting or credit control role in FMCG Industry.
- Must be focused, committed and display a high level of integrity. Must possess strong leadership and communication skills.
- Membership to a professional accounting body is desirable.
Qualified candidates to send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 22/4/2017 stating head of credit as the main subject with expected gross salary