Job Vacancy: Head Sales and Marketing
Industry: Consumer Electronics Appliances / Durables
Salary: 2000 – 4000 net at hand plus accommodation
Job Description: Our client is sole appointed distributor of LG and USHA Consumer Electronics and Appliances products in Uganda. They are looking to employ a Head Sales and Marketing to head the entire Sales and Marketing function of the company.
Whilst the role is a senior role, the person must still be a field person who will visit the company distributors, outlets and hypermarkets on a daily basis to ensure that the sales and marketing objectives are met.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Develops and implements strategic marketing plans and sales plans and forecasts to achieve corporate objectives for products and services.
- Establishes sales objectives and sets performance goals accordingly by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products and manages sales/marketing operating budgets.
- Directs sales forecasting activities including managing and leading a corporate marketing and B2B team, staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and marketing programs
- Planning and overseeing advertising and promotion activities including print, online, electronic media, and direct mail.
- Developing and recommending product positioning, packaging, and pricing and costing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
- Achieving satisfactory profit/loss ratio and market share in relation to preset standards and industry and economic trends.
- Overseeing and evaluating market research and adjusts marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Monitors competitor products, sales and marketing activities in order to expand the brands outreach into other cities and local markets by identifying ideal dealers to partner with.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- Preparation of marketing activity reports and presents to executive management.
- Directing market channel development activity and coordinates sales and ordering of goods from the manufacturers to ensure product availability at retail and distributor channel in the market.
- Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Reviews and analyzes sales performances against programs, quotes and plans to determine effectiveness.
- Manage the Achieving set sales and marketing targets by management and respective LG, USHA manufactures.
- Collection of debts and ensuring timely payment by dealers and hypermarkets.
- Business Acumen.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Presentation Skills.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Results Driven.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Technical Capacity.
Desired qualifications and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing or business administration or equivalent number of years of experience.
- Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- Minimum of Ten (10) years of related experience with progressive management experience.
- Ideal candidate should be mature with an FMCG Background; Asians of Kenyan or Ugandan citizenship are encouraged to apply.
- Should possess experience in distributor sales management and development.
- Aggressive in developing and opening up of new markets within the country.
- Must have good working knowledge of Tally ERP.
- Must have excellent skills in MS-Excel and in MS-PowerPoint.
- Ability to management both internal and external stakeholders.
- Should have worked as Sales and Marketing Manager/Head of Sales and Marketing in any industry.
- Should have experience in leading people.
How to apply
If you are up to the task and possess the required qualifications, skills and experience, kindly send you CV and cover letter to email@example.com by Friday 5th May 2017.
Kindly quote the Job title (Head Sales and Marketing – Uganda) on the subject section.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.