Jo title: Head of Sales – Modern Trade, Kenya
Summary: The Head of Sales – Modern Trade will be responsible for providing on the ground leadership to maintain and grow the company’s modern trade and key accounts market share and sales in line with our vision of attaining strong leadership positions across categories and markets.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all matters related to the design and implementation of sales strategies in traditional and non-traditional markets in order to grow sales and increase market share.
Some of the key areas of responsibility will include:
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts.
- Relationship with buyers, finance team and senior management team of all the modern trade key accounts.
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations.
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned accounts
- Proactively leads a joint company-strategic account business planning process (JBP) that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones for a one and three-year period.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer needs on an ongoing basis.
- Leads solution development efforts that best address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel.
- Carrying out market research, competitor and customer surveys. .
- Determining price points and discount rates for range of products being sold.
- Analyzing sales statistics including monthly EPOS & data to determine market share, trade gaps & sales potential, inventory requirements and customer preferences.
- Extensive monitoring of customer preferences to determine the focus of sales efforts.
- Planning, managing & executing all Trade related activations for the brand with accurate & timely budget reporting.
- Analyze market and competition; identify external threats and opportunities and adapt strategies to changing conditions.
Sales Team Leadership: Recruiting, training, coaching and motivating a sales team including Key Account Executives, Trade Marketing manager and Merchandisers.
- Managing sales targets on an annual, quarterly, monthly & weekly basis, and leading the demand side team to ensure accurate S&OP planning.
- Ensuring timely collections and payment from the Key accounts.
- Planning and managing sales resources according to agreed budgets.
- Delivering of rewarding incentive programs and motivate exceptional success.
- Ensuring clear and consistent communication between the Sales and Production team to ensure accurate delivery on targets.
Distribution channel management:
- Establishing effective route-to-market strategies.
- Developing and managing key account relationships.
- Monitoring actual distribution or movement of a product to the customer.
- Selecting and managing external agencies.
- Researching and networking to expand the modern trade relationships to 2nd tier super markets.
Management reporting & strategy formulation
- Contributing to the formulation of policy and strategy,
- Maintaining and enhancing administration and relevant reporting and planning systems.
- Providing accurate financial and management information to leadership to enhance decision making and business processes.
- Prepare and submit annual departmental budgets for approval of expenditures.
The Head of General Sales reports to The Head of Regional Sales, and manages:
- General Trade Manager/s
- Area Sales Representative/s
- Channel Development Manager
- Trade Marketer
- Distributors (at all levels) and the key accounts.
Skills and Qualifications
- MBA, Strategic Management ( Added advantage)
- Business degree with a strong sales background
- Not less than 15 years of proven experience in Sales & Marketing at the senior most level.
- Must have a minimum of 7 – 10 years’ experience in sales of FMCG products and managing large teams.
- Should possess excellent Networking skills.
- Ability to Persuade, hold Public Speaking forums
- Should have a Passion for Research & Development and motivation for sales
- Should be excellent in Closing Skills, Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning, Identification of Customer Needs and Challenges
How to Apply:
Applicants should submit their application letters, CVs, testimonials, copies of certificates and three referees, with their day time contacts, telephone numbers and email addresses not later than 14th April 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.