Our client, based in Ol Kalou Division of Nyandarua County, has vacancies for the following position:
Horticulture Farm Assistant
Reporting to the Supervisor the farm assistant will be responsible for:
- Maintaining high standard of vegetable crop management, crop hygiene and crop husbandry to ensure high quality standards and optimum production.
- Implementing proper scouting of vegetable pests and diseases and promptly reporting any incidents to supervisor and taking action as necessary.
- Overseeing and implementing the vegetables planting and harvesting programs.
- Ensure proper and up to date record keeping of farm stocks and equipment.
- Coordinate the delivery of vegetable produce from the farms to the grading shed, packaging and transport to clients.
- Ensuring proper Safety, Health and Environmental issues are put into consideration in accordance with the Industry Standards and company policy.
- Ensure proper equipment maintenance.
Desired Qualifications / Competence:
- Diploma or Certificate in Horticulture, Agronomy or Agriculture from a recognized Institution.
- Minimum 1 year work experience in horticulture within greenhouse setup.
- Self-motivated and can work long hours with minimum supervision.
- Training in Integrated Pest Management and safe use of pesticides an added advantage.
- Good communication skills in both English and Kiswahili.
- Good understanding of production and crop husbandly practices within greenhouse setup.
- Experience with Green House production technologies including drip irrigation.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their applications including CV, copies of certificates, passport size colour photograph and an indication of their expected salary, quoting the reference: Farm Supervisor / Assistant/170420 before close on business on 5th May 2017, to firstname.lastname@example.org