Our client, based in Ol Kalou Division of Nyandarua County, has vacancies for the following position:
Reporting to the Farm Manager, the Supervisor will be responsible for:
- Maintaining high standard of vegetable crop management, crop hygiene and crop husbandry to ensure high quality standards and optimum production both in the green houses and open field.
- Ensuring proper scouting of pests and diseases is done and promptly reporting any incidents and taking preventive action.
- Timely submission of vegetable production reports as per set deadlines.
- Ensuring proper Safety, Health and Environmental issues are put into consideration in accordance with the Industry standards and company policy.
- Ensuring that budgeted yearly vegetable production per square meter is achieved.
- Managing Training, developing and motivating staff.
Qualifications & Competence:
- Degree or Higher Diploma in either Horticulture, Agronomy or Agriculture from a recognized institution.
- Minimum two years’ experience working in a similar or senior supervisory position.
- Good communication skills in both English and Kiswahili.
- Good understanding of vegetables’ production and crop husbandry practices within greenhouse setup and open field irrigation.
- Experience with Green House vegetable production technologies including pressure compensated and / or non-pressure compensated drip irrigation systems.
- Knowledge in Integrated vegetable Pest Management and fertilizer application practices.
- Team player with proven supervisory and people management skills and one who is able to work with minimal supervision.
- Procession of a clean valid driving license will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their applications including CV, copies of certificates, passport size colour photograph and an indication of their expected salary, quoting the reference: Farm Supervisor / Assistant/170420 before close on business on 5th May 2017, to firstname.lastname@example.org