The HR Intern provides quality HR compliance and administrative support to The HR Team clients and teammates. This support is based from The HR Team office.
Interns are responsible for maintaining satisfied clients by delivering assistance and administrative support to HR generalists and consultants on various projects.
- Develop and Maintain HR Compliance Knowledge
- Begins to develop a current knowledge of HR Laws and Regulations.
- Keeps abreast of new developments in the HR field.
- Develops a working knowledge of HR information databases and searchable resources.
- Keeps abreast of Document retention requirements
- Pursue an Attitude of Learning and Development
- Attends seminars and meetings relative to the HR profession.
- Cultivate interpersonal skills
- Develop negotiating and public speaking skills
- Foster time management skills
- Track progress, deadlines, and priorities of all projects
- Prepare Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents
- Proofread HR documents including audits, marketing information, and handbooks.
- May be responsible for making meeting and travel arrangements
- Manage Pre-Employment Processes
- Post new positions on various websites
- Sort incoming resumes and logs them into appropriate tracking spreadsheets
- Complete and mail out regret letters
- Coordinate candidate interviews, physicals, and testing
- Send background checks to HR Plus and save results when they are returned
- Complete and mail out offer letters
- Maintain a satisfied level of customer service with clients both internal and external.
- Properly handle client requests through responsiveness, follow-up, and escalation.
- Assist with the maintenance of personnel files (electronic and paper).
- Ensure accuracy, consistency, and compliance with applicable regulations.
- Assist with employee retention activities such as monitoring staff anniversaries
- Assist with tracking and communicating staff reviews
- Assist with planning and organizing staff morale events and meetings
- Provide general HR administrative assistance, including but not limited to filing and facilitation of employee mailings and communication pieces
- Assist with other special projects as assigned
- Work proactively with other team members.
- Prioritize activities for the best interest of the team when working on joint projects.
- Handle client requests and deliver quality solutions if able, or escalate the request to a more senior team member
- Openly share new ideas and information with other team members.
- Keep other team members apprised to avoid surprises and disappointed clients.
- Manage and Accurately Report Time and Expenses.