Our client seeks to recruit a dynamic and result oriented Human Resources Manager to oversee the Human Resources Function within the organization.
Job Purpose: The Human Resources manager originates and leads Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented; high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, and standards; goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
- Provide inspirational leadership and direction, and ensure the continued development and management of a professional and efficient organization.
- Develops and monitors an annual budget that includes Human Resources services, employee recognition, training, quarterly and annual staff parties, teamwork events, wellness programs, company philanthropic giving, and benefits administration.
- Selects and supervises Human Resources consultants, attorneys, and training specialists, and coordinates company use of insurance providers, pension administrators, and other outside sources.
- Conducts a continuing study of all Human Resources policies, programs, and practices to keep management informed of new developments.
- Leads the development of department goals, objectives, and systems. Provides leadership for Human Resources strategic planning.
- Participates in executive, management, and company staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Coordinates all Human Resources training programs, and assigns the authority / responsibility of Human Resources and managers within those programs. Provides necessary education and materials to managers and employees including workshops, manuals, employee handbooks, and standardized reports.
- Leads the implementation of the performance management system that includes performance development plans (PDPs) and employee development programs.
- Establishes an in-house employee training system that addresses company training needs including training needs assessment, new employee onboarding or orientation, management development, production cross-training, the measurement of training impact, and training transfer.
- Assists managers with the selection and contracting of external training programs and consultants.
- Assists with the development of and monitors the spending of the corporate training budget. Maintains employee training records.
- Provides talent acquisition / recruiting services.
- In partnership with Senior Leadership, HRM will be responsible for both evaluating the overall talent acquisition needs of the organization and building a strategic approach to meet these needs by identifying superior talent to join the Organization.
- Provide thought partnership / leadership regarding innovative and best practices within the talent acquisition industry.
- Chairs any employee selection committees or meetings.
- Formulates and recommends Human Resources policies and objectives for the company on any topic associated with employee relations and employee rights.
- Partners with management to communicate Human Resources policies, procedures, programs and laws.
- Coaches and trains managers in their communication, feedback, recognition, and interaction responsibilities with the employees who report to them.
- Monitors the implementation of a performance improvement process with non-performing employees.
- Leads the implementation of company safety and health programs.
- With the assistance of the Finance Manager, obtains cost effective, employee serving benefits; monitors industry benefits environment for options and cost savings.
- Recommends changes in benefits offered, especially new benefits aimed at employee satisfaction and retention.
- Leads company compliance with all existing governmental and labor legal and government reporting requirements.
- Designs, directs, and manages a company-wide process of organization development that addresses issues such as succession planning, superior workforce development, key employee retention, organization design, and change management.
- Identifies and monitors the organization’s culture so that it supports the attainment of the company’s goals and promotes employee satisfaction.
- Keeps the CEO and the executive team informed of significant problems that jeopardize the achievement of company goals and those that are not being addressed adequately at the line management level.
- Knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, talent acquisition programs, organization development, employee relations, safety, employee engagement, and employee development.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop HR department staff members.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a knowledgeable resource to the executive management team that provides overall company leadership and direction.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial openness and ability to explore new possibilities and to approach issues differently; a visionary; intellectually agile.
- Demonstrated experience in effectively implementing change management strategies.
Key Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, or Organization Development, preferably augmented with an MBA.
- A minimum of three years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources positions.
- Active affiliation with appropriate Human Resources networks and organizations, preferred.
Applicants should send their application letter, a detailed CV with salary expectations and day time contact to firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business 26th April 2017, quoting the job ref HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER in the subject line of the email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.