Job in Kenya: ICAP of Columbia University is working in partnership with the Ministry of Health, Kenya to strengthen HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment services at County and Sub County health facilities.
This program is part of a US Government initiative against HIV in Kenya that receives funding from PEPFAR through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Applications are invited for the following position under the KENPHIA & QI Collaborative Projects:
Job Title: Return of Results Coordinator – Kenya PHIA Project
Location: Nairobi with travel within 47 counties in Kenya to support PHIA implementation
Overall Job Function: Reporting to the KENPHIA Lab Advisor, the Return of Results Coordinator, Kenya PHIA Project (KENPHIA) will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of returning biomarker test results in a timely and confidential manner in accordance with a national population-level HIV impact assessment (PHIA) in Kenya.
The Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating the tracking, shipment, and receipt of test results to participants and facilities, in coordination with National HIV Reference Laboratory (NHRL) and KENPHIA Project Staff.
- Understand and adhere to the KENPHIA protocol, relevant SOPs, and other appropriate regulations, procedures and policies;
- Track and reconcile all biomarker tests orders that need to be tested and returned at the KENPHIA Satellite or Central laboratory in accordance with the KENPHIA research protocol;
- Keep track of the return of all relevant biomarker tests results;
- Troubleshoot any challenges that may arise in delivering results to participants and/or facilities
- Coordinate home visits to participants to return relevant biomarker results.
- Maintain confidentiality of study participants and adhere to principles of Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and ethics of human subjects research;
- Coordinate and track shipment of samples to specialist laboratories.
- Coordinate return of results using sub-contracted teams and other systems, including the package and courier services associated with sending result;
- Be based in Nairobi at NHRL working closely with the NHRL staff and KENPHIA laboratory advisor.
- Provide regular reports and updates on biomarker result delivery and receipt, home visits made as well as on communications with health workers and facilities.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
NB: CLICK HERE for ore details about the ICAP’s PHIA Project may be found at: