Infrastructure Manager – Nairobi, Kenya
Summit Recruitment and Search are delighted to be working with one of the leading providers of Financial Software Solutions across East Africa as they look to bring on board an Infrastructure Manager to the team based in the heart of Westland’s Tech community.
The successful Infrastructure Manager will ensure that our client’s infrastructure is designed, implemented and maintained in accordance to the company’s goals and expectations.
You will be responsible for deploying and maintaining the infrastructure stack that consists 80% of system and database administration and 20% network administration.
- Deployment and maintenance of the network and systems.
- Provide adequate and timely level2 support for infrastructure issues.
- Ensure changes in the infrastructure stack are done in adherence to change control policy.
- Provide leadership on improvement and enhancement of the Infrastructure management.
- Manage and operate the MySQL database.
- Upgrade and optimise the database environment.
- Set priorities for the design, maintain and evaluate of the Infrastructure.
- Institutionalize an infrastructure planning discipline.
- Create and lead the implementation of infrastructure roadmap.
- Regularly review, improve and test disaster recovery procedures.
- Mentoring, coaching, and motivating your direct reports to perform in their functions.
- Reporting on the various aspects of the infrastructure to the stakeholders
- Evaluation, selection, management of vendors, business partners, and solutions providers.
- Ensure that Infrastructure documentation is created and maintained
- Degree in IT, Computer Science or related fields of study.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in leading a Team.
- A minimum of 3 years’ expert experience with MySQL database
- 3 years’ experience with the following: Apache Web servers, Web Load balancing tools
- Working experience with Cisco routers and switches
- Working experience with next generation firewall and IPS devices
- Working experience in design and capacity planning for both Networks and Systems.
- Proven capability in projects and/or roadmap delivery
- Experience in management of monitoring tools such as LDAP, Cacti, Nagios, Cricket, Zabbix, Grafana, Graphite or equivalent
Deadline: 5th May 2017
Monthly Gross Salary: Kshs. 300,000 – 350,000 (USD 3000-3500)
To apply, please follow the link: http://bit.ly/2o1iILw
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Leading Recruitment & Executive Search Company in Kenya; Summit Recruitment & Search, Blixen Court, Karen Road, Karen ***