International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Job Vacancy: Emergency Nutrition Officer (Garissa)
Employee Type: Temporary
Employee Category: Full Time
Job Purpose / Objective: Working under the guidance and supervision of the Emergency Nutrition Manager, the Nutrition Officer will be directly responsible for the day to day implementation of the emergency nutrition programming which includes;
Integrated outreach models i.e. IMAM done by running of selective feeding program, blanket supplementary feeding programs, nutrition surveillance & assessments including.
Mass MUAC screenings promotion of mother infant and young child nutrition (MIYCN) through the community health volunteers.
He/she will be responsible for managing emergency nutrition responses, working with MOH at IRC supported facilities.
- Implement the emergency nutrition response including treatment of severely malnourished under-fives while following the stipulated protocol.
- Implement and supervise the supplementary feeding of the moderately malnourished under-fives, pregnant/lactating mothers, individuals with medical conditions (HIV/AIDS and TB).
- Ensure the Blanket Supplementary Feeding Program (BSFP) activities are implemented successfully.
- Implement comprehensive maternal infant and young child nutrition program (MIYCN) Baby Friendly Community initiative (BFCI) approaches.
- Train and mentor the emergency response program staff and the integrated community health promoters through identification of capacity gaps and carrying out refresher trainings and on the job trainings.
- Plan and conduct trainings on Growth Monitoring Promotion (GMP), IMAM and MIYCN to other mainstream health professionals.
- Develop key messages in nutrition to the targeted beneficiaries, and ensure it is delivered appropriately.
- Offer nutrition support through counseling to individuals with medical conditions including Comprehensive Care Clinic clients.
- Plan and conduct mass MUAC screening of the under-fives on a quarterly basis in collaboration with the Community Health volunteers
- Compile and submit donor and IRC Nutrition Program weekly, biweekly and monthly reports of all the activities implemented, as well prepare food requisitions.
- Lease with Supply Chain Department in logistical Program Supplies procurement and Monitoring Supply control
- Stock monitoring of various commodities
- Support MOH on DQAs
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
Deadline for receiving applications is 6th May, 2017.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
Disclaimer: Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes. In the event that you receive any request for payment of any sort, please get in touch with us on Tel: +(254-020) 2727730, Email: IRCKenya@rescue.org or report to the nearest police.
IRC leading the way from harm to home.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact Talent Acquisitions at IRC.Recruitment@rescue.org. As required by law, the IRC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with a known disability.