International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Job Vacancy: Finance Manager – Hagadera
Employee Type: Regular
Employee Category: Full Time
Job Purpose / Objective: The Finance Manager will be the head of financial matters in the Dadaab field office. The position will supervise a Finance Officer and Finance Assistants.
The position will be responsible for budgets preparations and budget monitoring, cash flows and cash forecasts, financial reporting, staff / partner training and capacity building and overseeing day to day running of the field finance office.
Field Finance Reporting
- Ensure that the month is closed on 31st for all months but September, which is a fiscal year closing month in IRC on 30th.
- Ensure that all cash books are closed and cash count conducted on 31st of the month.
- Ensure that all bank books are closed and the period bank statements as at 31st are obtained at the month end.
- Ensure all advances are reconciled at the month end as per advance policy.
- Ensure that all outstanding invoices are paid before the end of the month to ensure they are recorded within the same month they are incurred.
- Ensure that the financial reports are submitted to Nairobi finance department on the 3rd of the next month for all months except September.
- Ensure accrual transaction are cleared on time
- Ensuring donor regulations are adhered to for all aspects of the operations
- Ensure that BvAs are provided to relevant parties on time and accurately. Initiate recoding for cost wrongly charged
- Identification of procedural or training issues to be addressed to improve the quality of report data.
- Prepare UNHCR report and submit for Nairobi office review
Training & Support
- Liaising with the country office for policy or procedure questions
- Training staff on IRC accounting procedures and requirements, assists the Field Coordinator and program staff in finance related issues and activities.
- Review of financial data submitted, identify weaknesses or problems being encountered by program and operations staff and recommend corrective action.
- Train field managers on budget tracking, review burn rates and provide advise if spending is not happening according to plan.
- Prepare key performance areas for staff reporting directly under you and conduct performance appraisal
- Communicate with Finance Controller on security issues within the office and outside the office.
- Report to the Finance Controller any irregularities that occur within the IRC office, staff compound and camps on policy and procedures.
Bank & Cash management
- Oversee weekly petty cash counts
- Supervision of the processing of bank, M-pesa and cash transactions.
- Ensuring internal control procedures are followed for all cash & M-pesa disbursements, receipts and transfers
- Oversee the maintenance of an accurate and updated cash flow report. Get updates from the Finance officer/assistant weekly
- Liaison with bank officials to resolve problems or facilitate improved service.
- Ensuring that all banks are immediately updated on changes to bank signatories
- To be the contact person for all bank correspondences.
- Prepare the bank reconciliation for the field office monthly
- Preparation of cash forecasts and CTR for Dadaab and submitting it on the 20th of every month
- Monitoring cash usage and requirements and advise the Finance Country office of possible unusual activity or requirements
- Working with field and program coordinators to help them develop more accurate cash forecasts
- Ensure that the sufficiency of bank reserves at all times for the Dadaab bank account.
- Reviews of controls and monitoring of compliance with established procedures.
- Preparation of written reports which identify key issues and provide recommendations for improving control processes or procedures
- Review funding allocations to enable proper guidance to programs and proper coding.
- Closely monitor all grants to ensure that no grants are overspent or under spent through checking of over/under expenditure on the Budget vs. Actuals reports.
- Working with program staff to prepare grant budgets to support new proposals or realignments to ensure adequate coverage of field operating costs.
- Review of actual vs. budget results to ensure maximum utilization of budgeted amounts and to provide recommendations for realignments as required.
- Attend Grant Opening, BvA review and Closing Meetings
- Ensure that all accruals at grant closure are accurate, valid and are promptly liquidated.
- Work on DDB filed office salary map and submit for NBO review
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
Deadline for receiving applications is 12th May, 2017.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
Disclaimer: Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes. In the event that you receive any request for payment of any sort, please get in touch with us on Tel: +(254-020) 2727730, Email: IRCKenya@rescue.org or report to the nearest police.
IRC leading the way from harm to home.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact Talent Acquisitions at IRC.Recruitment@rescue.org. As required by law, the IRC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with a known disability.