International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Nutritionist – Lodwar Emergency Response
Employee Type: Temporary
Employee Category: Full Time
Job Purpose / Objective: Working under the guidance and supervision of the emergency Nutrition Officer. As the outreach team leader the Nutritionist will be directly responsible for the day to day implementation planning and team coordination of the emergency nutrition outreach teams.
Under the guidance of the officer and the manager the nutritionist will lead the outreach teams in the implementation of:
- Integrated outreach models i.e. IMAM done by running of selective feeding program, blanket supplementary feeding programs, nutrition surveillance & assessments including.
- Mass MUAC screenings promotion of mother infant and young child nutrition (MIYCN) through the community health volunteers.
- He/she will be responsible for day to day data compilation, team planning and coordination.
- As the team leader of the outreach teams the nutritionist is expected to ensure Implemention the emergency nutrition response in the selected location while ensuring adherence to the stipulated protocol.
- Implement and supervise the supplementary feeding of the moderately malnourished under-fives, pregnant/lactating mothers
- Blanket Supplementary Feeding Program (BSFP) activities are implemented successfully.
- Implement comprehensive maternal infant and young child nutrition program (MIYCN) Baby Friendly Community initiative (BFCI) approaches.
- Train and mentor the emergency response team members including the CHEWs and CHVs who are MOH staff through identification of capacity gaps and carrying out refresher trainings and on the job trainings.
- Plan and conduct trainings on Growth Monitoring Promotion (GMP), IMAM and MIYCN to other mainstream health professionals.
- Collect and report on nutrition data both performance and commodity utilization
- Ensure outreach teams adhere to IRC security protocols
- Offer nutrition support through counseling to individuals with medical conditions including Comprehensive Care Clinic clients.
- Conduct mass MUAC screening for children underfives regularly in collaboration with the Community Health volunteers
- Compile and submit donor and IRC Nutrition Program weekly, biweekly and monthly reports of all the activities implemented, as well prepare food requisitions.
- Lease with Supply Chain Department in logistical Program Supplies procurement and Monitoring Supply control
- Stock monitoring of various commodities
- Support MOH on DQAs
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
Deadline for receiving applications is 12th May, 2017.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
Disclaimer: Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes. In the event that you receive any request for payment of any sort, please get in touch with us on Tel: +(254-020) 2727730, Email: IRCKenya@rescue.org or report to the nearest police.
IRC leading the way from harm to home.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact Talent Acquisitions at IRC.Recruitment@rescue.org. As required by law, the IRC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with a known disability.