Career Opportunities: The goal of Human Resources for Health (HRH) Kenya Project is to strengthen HRH systems in Kenya at national and county government levels and ultimately improve health outcomes for the Kenyan people.
In order to strengthen its team, the project is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position:
County HRH Cluster Manager – Western (position will be based in Kakamega Town and will cover the county governments of Kakamega, Busia, Bungoma, Vihiga and Trans Nzoia)
This role will support all the sub-purpose areas to achieve their county deliverables in line with the project work plan, support the focus counties improve HR management and development (HRM & D) systems and coordinate the county cluster HRH stakeholders forums through the inter-county HRH secretariat.
S/he in liaison with the respective team leads will implement the projects interventions at the focus counties and institute sustainability measures.
- Manage county engagement processes and HRM/HRD capacity building interventions including training and mentorship for County Human Resource for Health Management functions.
- Manage HRM/HRD policy development/ customization, implementation, including dissemination, distribution and sensitization in the select counties within the cluster in collaboration with stakeholders including training institutions.
- In liaison with county HRH managers strengthen the functions of HRH units for improved management of health workforce in the counties.
- Support establishment of the Inter-County Secretariat to facilitate the management of Inter County HRH Stakeholder Coordination forums and hold quarterly stakeholders meetings including the inter-county technical working groups.
- Work with the County HRH Managers and the inter-county technical working groups (TWG) to monitor implementation of the Kenya Health Sector HR Strategy and HRH global commitments in the counties.
- Work with county integrated human resource information system (iHRIS) technical working groups to ensure that monthly meetings take place, that HRH data is up to date and shared by iHRIS focal persons to county leadership on a monthly basis
- Help in gathering and disseminating of any relevant information or data in support of iHRIS activities, including letters from county leadership, documentation on data usage, success stories, etc.
- Coordinate Afya Elimu Fund activities in the region and when necessary support HRD activities being undertaken in training institutions
- Participate in HR Services Quality Assessment and mentor the County Health Department HR Officer to implement agreed action plans to improve HR service quality in the focal Counties.
- Submit monthly activity plans and progress reports based on the provided template.
Education and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in HR, public health or related degree
- A master’s degree is an added advantage
- At least 3-5 years working experience in managing HRH issues in a health sector set up
- Excellent understanding of Ministry of Health, county governments and medical training institutions operations especially on human resource management and training processes.
- A good understanding of health service delivery and HR in devolved system and the roles of national and county governments and related constitutional institution with a mandate on HR.
- Good experience and working relationship with partners & stakeholders in health system strengthening
If you meet the above qualifications please apply by sending your CV with a cover letter indicating your daytime telephone numbers, address and names of three referees who must have been your supervisor in your current or former employment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is April 14, 2017
Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted