Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA)
Position: Field Officer – PAD Project (Multiple positions)
Deadline to Apply: 14th May, 2017
Start Date: June 2017
Duration: 1.5 months
Eligibility: Position open to local Kenyan hires only
About Innovations for Poverty Action: Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is an international non-profit research organization dedicated to discovering and promoting effective solutions to global poverty problems.
IPA works in partnership with development partners and academic researchers to create and evaluate approaches potential solutions to poverty problems using randomized evaluations in the fields of health, education, microfinance, governance and agriculture.
We also mobilize and support these decision makers to use these solutions to build better programs and policies at scale.
About the project: Precision Agriculture for Development (PAD) is a project currently operating under Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA), based in Busia, Kenya.
The aim of the project is to deliver context-specific agricultural information to smallholder maize farmers in Western Kenya through their mobile phones.
PAD is producing agricultural information content – including but not limited to fertilizer, lime, and other input recommendations – for dissemination to farmers who are participating in this research project.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prompt arrival to work
- Successfully complete all assigned tasks and scheduled activities each day in timely manner
- Interact with community members in the highest level of respect and understanding
- Maintain high standard of professional integrity in all activities.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Team player- Interacts well with colleagues and offers support in the field and in the office
- Responsible- takes up responsibility, shows initiative in solving issues, and reports challenges to supervisor
- Conduct both in-person and phone based surveys with PAD
- Accurate and complete survey administration
- Adhere to research and survey protocols at all times
- Ensure data integrity is maintained at all times and minimize errors in data collection
- Maintain security and quality of project assets and materials, including tablets and mobile phones
- Provide feedback during team debriefs on field operations and survey instruments
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree or college diploma with at least 1 year of experience
- Excellent organizational skills, able to work independently with minimum supervision and a team player
- Should be a person of high integrity
- Experience in field work and data collection especially through SurveyCTO
- Experience working in development research, particular in agriculture
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in both English and Kiswahili
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
Please do not apply if unavailable immediately.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Field Officer – Precision Agriculture for Development (PAD). The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.
Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant.