Job Description: I.T Technician
Our company is a start up that develops school management systems, which allows the user to easily build and customize an exact replica of their learning institution.
We are looking for a solution oriented and creative team player, who enjoys working with a dynamic team.
The successful candidate will be telecommuting and will be required to travel regularly within the country.
Installing and configuring appropriate software and functions according to specifications.
We are looking for a qualified IT Technician that will install and maintain computer systems and networks aiming for the highest functionality.
You will also “train” users of the systems to make appropriate and safe usage of the IT infrastructure.
The successful IT Technician must have thorough knowledge of computer software and hardware and a variety of internet applications, networks and operating systems.
The ideal candidate should also have great troubleshooting abilities and attention to detail.
The goal is to build and maintain updated and efficient computer systems as well as networks to optimize the role of technology on business sustainability.
- Communicate with clients, understand their needs and document it for configuration purposes
- Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications
- Develop and maintain our system in ways that optimize performance
- Ensure security and privacy of the platform
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.)
- Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule
- At least have prior work experience as an IT Technician or in any relevant position
- Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Ability to understand complex systems for purposes of configuration
- Excellent communication ability
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- In depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
- Degree in Computer Science, engineering or relevant field
- Certification as IT Technician will be an advantage (e.g. CISCO)
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements, kindly send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 12th May 2017