Our client an Italian Fine Dining Restaurant in Nairobi is seeking to hire Cooks.
Industry: Hospitality – 5 Star
Duty Station: Nairobi
Start Date: Immediately
Reports To: Restaurant Manager
The main role of a Cook is to prepare food for guests.
As a Cook you will be required to devise new methods of cooking and new menu items and streamline work from back of house to front of house.
- Prepare food to customer / guest specifications
- Makes adjustments to food items to accommodate guests with allergies or specific diet concerns
- Liaise between front house executives to ensure proper food service temperature
- Season food according to recipes or company needs
- Orders ingredients and spices as needed
- Operate kitchen appliances like blenders, oven, grill, stand mixer etc
- Portion, arrange and garnish food based on client preference
- Assists other cooks during the food assembling process
- Develop new food recipes
- Estimates expected food consumption and organises preparation
- Keep record and account of food purchase
- Meet with customers to ensure great meal experience
- Offer a creative menu to compete with other local restaurants
- Clean up working area after business hours
- Communicates with owner about on how to improve meal service
- Alter dishes based on customer/guest requirements
Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree / Diploma in in Food Science / hospitality course
- At least 2 years of experience in similar capacity
- Sound knowledge of international Cuisines
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Culinary arts training
- Knowledge of Kitchen equipment
- Good computer skills
How to Apply
Interested candidates meeting the above criteria should forward a cover letter; detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating the current remuneration and expected remuneration to: email@example.com.
Please indicate ‘Cook’ on the subject of the email.