Our client an Italian Fine Dining Restaurant in Nairobi is seeking to hire Hostess.
Industry: Hospitality – 5 Star
Duty Station: Nairobi
Start Date: Immediately
Reports To: Restaurant Manager
General Responsibilities: It is the duty of the hostess to greet and welcome guest / visitors / customers and make sure they are comfortable within the restaurant.
- Welcome and greet guests as they arrive
- Escort guests to their seats
- Ensure that everything guests need is in order and clean
- Estimate wait time for guests
- Provide a menu for customers
- Regularly check the reservation book for next meal reservations
- Answer customer’s question accurately
- Inspect dining facilities and ensure proper maintenance
- Assign tasks to the waiters for smooth running of the business
- Ensure that guests are being attended to
- Schedule reservations in advance for guests
- Ensure that guests receive quality service
- Make contact with guests as they leave, open the door, and help them to their cars and bid them goodbye
Job Skills / Requirements
- Degree/Diploma in hotel management and hospitality
- Must have a polite and hospitable disposition
- Possession of a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Should have a pleasing personality
- Excellent communication skills, especially orally
- Effective customer service skills
- Ability to withstand pressure
- Organizational and management skills
- Demonstrate good leadership skills
- Flexible and able to multi-task
How to Apply
Interested candidates meeting the above criteria should forward a cover letter; detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating the current remuneration and expected remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate ‘Hostess’ on the subject of the email.