Fraud Control Interns
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Internship Period: 6 months
About Us: Jumia Travel is Africa’s No.1 Hotel Booking Website. Founded in Lagos, Nigeria by a team of passion driven, experienced entrepreneurs, our vision is to create the best travel booking experience ever.
With over 200,000 destinations online, we provide our customers with full and reliable information about the destination they want to visit.
Our company is part of Jumia Group, a global and leading incubator of startups specialized in e-commerce. Jumia is the leading internet group of Africa with already over 3,000 employees in 26 African countries.
It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by Axa, Orange, MTN and Rocket Internet.
We want to create a well-balanced team of talented, truly dynamic and highly motivated individuals with a passion for travel, emerging markets and Africa.
We are currently looking for outstanding candidates interested in entrepreneurship and web businesses.
Job Description: Jumia Travel is looking for a Fraud Control Intern to assist the Fraud Control Officer to review potential fraud bookings in order to avoid chargebacks.
The Fraud Control Intern is expected to identify and report fraud bookings, communicate effectively with relevant stakeholders and to find satisfying solutions timely.
Your responsibilities include:
- To handle and review potential fraud bookings in order to avoid chargebacks (manual fraud review, gather information through research and customer calls)
- To analyze completed transactions to determine if fraudulent activity is present (transactions in 40+ countries)
- Report fraud trends to supervisors, review and analysis of chargebacks received to improve process
- Communicate and involve all relevant internal and external stakeholders to respond to incident cases: Coordination with Customer Service teams to update status of booking, coordination with Finance team to update status of payment
- Direct link with Customer service teams to discuss how to inform customers about services available and accessing customer needs
- Communicates appropriate options for resolution in a timely manner.
- Limit potential loss exposure by placing holds in order to block future fraudulent transactions
- Maintains or exceeds established service level agreements and guidelines for timely resolution of queued transactions to minimize potential revenue losses
- Performs special projects in a timely manner, as requested.
Minimum Educational Requirements:
- Undergraduate Degree / Diploma in relevant field
- At least past experience in a similar role
Required Skills & Competencies:
- Fluency in English is a MUST
- Fluency in French will be a plus
- Independent and resourceful
- Advanced analytical skills
- Ability to handle potentially volatile situations and make quick decisions which achieve resolution
- Strong drive and leadership
- Impeccable communication skills (spoken and written)
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- High level of motivation, determination and commitment.
- Mentality of client service and taking responsibility beyond direct duties.
- Flexibility to adapt and able to manage multiple assignments while working independently;
- Ability to successfully utilize web based people search tools
- May require shift-work, including weekends, non-business hours and holidays How to Apply:
If your profile meets the requirements, please send your CV to email@example.com with the “Fraud Control Intern – Jumia Travel” as the email subject.
Application deadline: 3rd May 2017 COB
Jumia is as an equal opportunity employer.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, we are unable to provide any feedback on unsuccessful applications.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
No phone calls please.