Entrepreneurship Support Officers – Kenya Youth Employment and Skills Program (K-YES)
Sector: Economic Recovery & Development
Employee Type: Regular
Employee Category: Full Time
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a leading humanitarian and development agency, supporting communities in transition in 40 countries. Simultaneously a global technical leader and proven implementer, IRC has shaped youth priorities and approaches at the national level and implemented programs at the community level since its founding in 1933. IRC has worked in Kenya since 1992, implementing highly effective programs in youth livelihood, economic development, women’s empowerment, integrated healthcare, governance and peace building.
- Support in conducting Training Needs Assessments (TNAs), identifying county-specific gaps and needs, and adjust business skills/VSLA training modules accordingly
- Provide technical support and quality assurance oversight to the county-level Trainers of Trainers (ToTs) in their delivery of business skills/VSLA trainings and business development support implementation
- Support the community trainers/ToTs in session plan development, quality report writing and mentoring/coaching of youth
- Monitor county-level data collection to ensure quality data gathering and analysis
- Support the Entrepreneurship Coordinator in managing training budgets and developing monthly work plans
- Coordinate VSLA management across counties, including recruiting new VSLAs and assuring the quality of monitoring of existing VSLA groups
- With the support of the Entrepreneurship Coordinator, link youth to youth friendly financial services
- Provide reports as required
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, Masters Degree preferred.
- Experience working with youth programs
- Excellent report writing skills
- A solid foundation in the fundamentals of entrepreneurship
- Preference will be given to an individual who as exposure to Youth Financial inclusion/Business
- Development services and/or Financial services.
- A broad understanding of the state of entrepreneurial activity of youth, the social and cultural influences affecting youth workforce and barriers to enterprise start up by the youth
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Good training and facilitation skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a number of teams, in a multi-cultural context where teams may be geographically dispersed
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team
- Considerable problem solving and decision making skills
- Flexible, adaptable and able to effectively execute a range of job duties
- Minimum four (4) years of experience in working with or for the financial services sector
- Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and other benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.