Welcome aboard Kenya Airways!
Kenya Airways, a member of the Sky Team Alliance, is a leading African airline flying to 54 destinations worldwide, 44 of which are in Africa and carries over four million passengers annually.
The airline was recently voted the Leading Airline in Africa by passengers in the World Travel Awards. It has also been voted the Leading Airline in Africa – Business Class four years in a row.
Kenya Airways has a fleet of 36 aircraft that are some of the youngest in Africa; this includes its flagship B787 Dreamliner aircraft. The onboard service is renowned and the lie-flat business class seat on the wide-body aircraft is consistently voted among the world’s top 10.
Most recently it has scooped top awards at the Africa Investor (Ai) Tourism Investor Awards and was declared the Business Airline of the Year in Africa.
Kenya Airways takes pride in being at the forefront of connecting Africa to the World and the World to Africa through its hub at the new ultra-modern Terminal 1A at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in Nairobi.
Position Ref No: IRC44584
Position Title: Head of Corporate Security Services
Brief Posting Description: Responsible for the effective Management of the Airline’s Security Services to ensure the Company’s management of Security is soundly developed, properly executed and systematically monitored in compliance with the requirements of the Kenya Civil Aviation Authority as well as Civil Aviation Authorities within the Kenya Airways network.
- Develop, implement, review and maintain a viable Security Strategy for the organization to ensure an effective & efficient security process across the Kenya Airways network.
- Develop, implement and maintain the security program to ensure its effectiveness through regular evaluation.
- Formulate an overall security policy for senior management acceptance.
- Develop and promulgate security standards and practices.
- Effective liaison, coordination and networking with governments, Authorities, law enforcement agencies, relevant national and international agencies and security stakeholders.
- Ensure an effective risk analysis, threat assessment and response capability.
- Initiating special security measures during periods/instances of increased threat.
- Ensure that all critical areas of security concern are adequately covered in the security plan and are effectively managed, monitored and controlled.
- Comply with the IATA & ICAO security guidelines to ensure maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Kenya Airways standards and Standards of Customer Airlines.
- Represent the company in operational, coordinative and consultative security meetings and forums.
- Continuously assess the Security Management Systems (SEMs) to ensure that all defined elements are functioning effectively.
- Ensure good working relationship with the Government, Kenya Airports Authority, Kenya Police, INTERPOL as well as Security divisions of diplomatic offices for up to date information.
- Develop and implement the Aviation Security Training program to continuously sensitize each individual staff on their role and responsibility for security in the airline/company in order to achieve a security culture and ensure efficient handling of security matters.
- Prepare, monitor & control the Security budget to ensure effective cost control.
- Undertake regular audits, research, surveys and investigations to continuously improve security management through regular review of policies, procedures and processes in relation to findings.
- Source and monitor the effectiveness of third party security services.
- Responsible and accountable for all quality control matters of the security division.
- Provide specialized advice to Line Management in all Security functions, protection, Intelligence, information and investigation.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with all regulatory requirement, organization standards and local security procedures.
- Monitor trends on issues relating to Narcotics and take corrective measures.
- University Degree
- 7 years of relevant experience in a senior security role, preferably Airline security in a reputable organization
- Comprehensive understanding of National and International Security environment, Airline security issues and trends.
- Knowledge of Airline business environment.
- IT proficiency.
- Knowledge of Criminal procedure code, Evidence Act and the Penal Code.
- Knowledge of Aviation Security issues and Airport Security Services
If you meet the above requirements, please apply through our website via https://www.kenya-airways.com/about-us/careers/en/
Deadline for application is 21st April 2017