Job Vacancy: Store Manager
Job Ref: HC264177
Our client, a logistics firm / haulage and transport based in Industrial Area, are looking for a Store Manager.
This includes maintaining optimal stock levels, ensuring safety of the store from theft, fire and other risks, delivering goods in a timely and orderly manner and looking after all personnel related to the function of the store.
MUST Speak Gujarati or Punjabi, thus candidates of Asian descent are highly encouraged to apply
- Analyze past sales and stock levels in order to devise correct and accurate re-ordering systems.
- Order stocks from the warehouse taking into account lead times to avoid stock outs.
- Verify receipt of goods and ensure that they match with the order and correct documentation is in place.
- Input goods movement into the computerized stock system.
- Ensure correct, orderly stacking of the goods received in to the stores by overseeing space management.
- Carry our regular stock takes for the inventory held in the store and maintain records for the same.
- Dispatch goods from the stores and ensure that supporting documents are received back with acknowledgement from the customer and filed correctly and safely.
- Plan timely delivery to customers and communicate the same to the drivers.
- Invoice customer’s orders as required.
- Receive and store all non-conforming products with claims until such time that the claim issue has been resolved.
- Ensure the store and stocks are safe from theft, detrimental conditions or any other hazard which may damage the stock.
- Prepare stock take reports, claim reports, maintain fuel logs and submit them to the manager.
- Report any discrepancies to the manager.
- Maintain housekeeping of the store and surrounding areas.
- Learn new items and products and related features that are being introduced in the market.
- Maintain good relationship with the customers.
- Monitor compliance of health and safety requirements and standards within the department.
- Advise management on slow moving or obsolete stocks.
- Supervise all store and delivery staff to ensure compliance to company policies and procedures & assign jobs in a manner that eliminates time wasting while ensuring delivery of efficient and effective services.
- Perform any other duties assigned to you.
- Needs to handle spare part and tyre store and tyre movements
- Needs to be computer literate
- Familiar with spare parts and tyres for trucks
- Flexible in hours due to nature of business including sundays though this is not every week
- Active and ready to be on call
- Honest and committed
How to Apply
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating expected salary and their daytime contact to email@example.com (Subject of the email should be the title of the POSITION APPLIED FOR + JOB REF).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews