DODORE Kenya Limited
Job Vacancy: M-LAB Assistant Manager
About the M-LAB DODORE: The M-lab is our think and do tank. A space to micro-simulate, extract data, monitor and evaluate data (tests). This is where we find and hone solutions, plan, implement and advice for scale. We conduct extensive surveys on user experiences using Mobile payment systems for health, agriculture and education.
We conduct test pilots, develop research instruments and train personnel for optimal execution. We guarantee the quality of data collection through close supervision and monitoring of field teams in conducting key informant interviews, case study in depth interviews, face to face or phone based surveys and data entry.
We also study behavioral economics and attitudes of people towards the different mobile solutions that we test. We are looking for an assistant manager to support the M-lab manager in the running of the M-Lab unit.
M-Lab Assistant Manager: Reporting to the M- Lab Manager, the Assistant Manager will be responsible for assisting the M-Lab Manager in the supervision of Team leaders and field coordinators in preparation and implementation of M- Lab projects.
M-Lab Assistant Manager Position Job Duties:
- Support the M-Lab manager in the management and monitoring of M-Lab projects. This is by providing guidance to Team Leaders and Field Coordinators whenever required.
- Assist the M-Lab manager in drafting, reviewing and scrutinize project documents, and unit reports reaching the M-Lab manager for quality, accuracy and /or compliance with project objectives, existing policies and systems.
- Work with M-Lab team leaders in drafting of standard operating procedures for M-lab experiments.
- Support the M- Lab manager to ensure the department functions and communicates effectively, including weekly internal meetings, and weekly progress report and taking crisp, readable notes and minutes of internal and client meetings.
- Set up of an online weekly project progress dashboard. The assistant manager will be responsible for the maintenance and updating of the online dashboard.
- Support M-Lab manager to prepare for relevant unit and bilateral meetings, as well as other meetings involving external parties. To ensure all meetings are well organized and related documents finalized and sent on time.
- Pro-actively seeks opportunities for improvement of systems, processes, services or products (platforms)
- Establishes and maintains good relationships with partners, clients and other external parties. Finance and HR
- Work with HR Manager to support M-Lab Manager on HR matters (i.e. Staff appraisals, leave overviews, contracts and revision of job descriptions).
- Assist in the monitoring of staff in work performance assessments as well as the recommendation of promotions, disciplinary action and termination of contracts.
- Support M-Lab Team Leaders on approval of financial request, provide support in procurement of assets with the guidance of M-lab Manager
- Ensure files and documentation (physical and electronic) for M- Lab department are well organized and completed.
- Ensure effectiveness, efficiency, responsiveness and good humor in the team.
- Advice and support M- Lab manager on any other work related issues as needed.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Master’s Degree preferably in Project Management, Economics, development studies and Sociology.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences related discipline.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Proven experience in managing and supervising teams on the ground, both motivating and mentoring as well as monitoring.
- Proven experience in drafting and reviewing documents such as reports and project proposals.
- Ability to multitask, manage pressure and flexibility.
- Pro-active attitude and be able to think outside of the box.
Gross Monthly Salary : Ksh. 100,000.00 – 120,000.00
This gross salary is dependent on one’s level of expertise.
The gross salary is subject to statutory deductions i.e. PAYE, NSSF, NHIF)
In order to apply for this job strictly send your customized cover letter and CV as one attachment to email@example.com i.e. convert both cover letter and CV to PDF and merge to one PDF file.
The detailed CV should have referees who can be contacted to attest on the applicant’s suitability for the position
Deadline for Applications: Wednesday 19th April, 2017 5.00PM.
Late applications will not be considered.
For more information: www.dodore.co.ke