Sheer Logic is seeking to engage a dynamic individual for the Medical Doctor position for our client Marie Stopes Kenya.
Key Result Areas
- To provide clinical services and ensure that MSK centres meet the requisite QTA standards
- Overall quality inputs into service delivery, including running full out-patient clinic/ obstetric unit and carrying out surgical procedures as laid down in the protocols. Be flexible and ensure seamless round the clock doctor’s coverage. Required to work 5 days in a week and be first on call 4 to 5 days in a week
- Providing coverage in any of the MSK centres as might be required.
- Ensure there is proper and effective use of medical equipment and supplies and for notifying the centre manager of needs for repair, maintenance or replacements etc.
- Continuous monitoring of the other team members involved in service delivery
- Conducting regular internal quality audit checks at the centre
- Responsible for reporting on all major and minor complications arising in the day to day operations of the centres
- Timely recognition of potential medical complications and dealing with or refer them as appropriate.
- Timely and appropriately reporting on all major and minor complications to the MAT
- Establishing clear and concise referral protocols and directories that are routinely updated.
- Providing timely feedback to the team on any gaps identified in the comprehensive treatment cycle.
- Coordinating and administering relevant and timely continuous medical updates to other staff to meet MSK’s operations needs
- Develop clear framework for regular clinical updates for all health care staff cadres at the centres
- Preparing and participating fully in Continuous Medical Education (C.M.E.)
- Liaise with the QAM department in supporting regular quality updates at the centre
- Routinely seek personal professional development in clinical skills and updates to deliver high quality services
- Accurate information is available relating to service delivery and client feedback at the centres
- Maintain high quality service delivery data and ensure prompt reporting is achieved in line with MOH and MSK reporting framework
- Respond to data collection needs appropriately
- Proactively seek clients feedback in line with MSK customer focussed approach
- Empowering and Effective team management
- Day to day supervision of the clinical service team to ensure that team delivers high quality services
- Routine mentorship and on job training of peers and other health care cadre staff
- Participating in performance appraisal and feedback for other staff members within the team
- Bachelor’s degree in Medicine and Surgery from a recognized university.
- Must have completed 1 year of internship in a busy hospital
- Must be registered with the Medical Practitioners and dentists board and possess a valid Private practice License