Duma works is recruiting a Medical Lab Technician for our client.
Company Background: The hiring company is an award winning firm that is transforming healthcare in Kenya by building a chain of outpatient health clinics that offer evidence-based medical care and unparalleled patient experience at surprisingly affordable rates.
About the Role: This is a key clinical position that will provide critical impact on our ability to provide comprehensive primary care to our patients.
We are looking for individuals who can ensure an outstanding patient experience while providing the highest quality laboratory results.
- Learn all about clinic operations
- Training on many aspects of patient care
- Our culture is like nowhere else… come see for yourself
- Provide comprehensive laboratory services. You will see a large variety of patients from many different backgrounds with various complaints and have different laboratory needs.
- Help the company grow their clinical services. As a start-up company with a big vision, every team member plays an integral role in transforming the healthcare system in Kenya. We are looking for everyone to contribute their creativity and energy toward realising the vision of friendly, high-quality, affordable health care.
- Take on marketing and clinical management responsibilities. We take a team approach to everything we do. This means that our lab techs do much more than just work in the lab. Lab techs are expected to help with managing the petty cash at the clinic which will ensure all money is accounted for and are very involved in the relationship management of partnership in the community.
- Be a great teammate and go above and beyond. It’s part of your job to make sure you and your teammates love their work and that you share their work load with them when yours is lighter. This specifically means spending time in reception and triage when you don’t have patients. Work well with others go above and beyond what is expected from you
Location and Hours:
- Openings at Zimmerman and Githurai 45
- 52 working hours per week.
- Outstanding patient interaction skills are a must.
- At least 1 year of experience as a Lab Technician or a similar role.
- Super friendly and fun – enjoys being part of a team.
- Diploma, Higher Diploma or BSC in Medical Laboratory Science.
- Fully proficient in lab services, including hematology.
- Must have a license.
- Must be fluent in English and Kiswahili.
- Comfortable working in Githurai 45 or Zimmerman.
Send a Cover Letter and detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2742”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2742 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 30th April 2017
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.