Job Title: Contract Lawyer – Africa
Contract period: 2 years
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Job Summary: The position is responsible for providing legal support on a wide range of issues spanning the Africa business and region, including:
- Full breadth of commercial contracts, including distribution, sales, consultancy, services, procurement, research, trials and material transfer.
- Managing certain litigation and claims.
- Provision of training to business teams, particularly on contract law issue
- Possibility to become involved in broader legal issues impacting the Asia-Africa hub, with time
Desired Education qualifications, Work Experience and Knowledge
- Law degree from a reputed University
- Admission as an Attorney in an African jurisdiction, ideally Kenya or South Africa.
- 5 years’ post-qualification experience as an Attorney in a Common-law jurisdiction
- Private practice training at a reputed law firm
- Experience working with diverse, multi-site teams within a multinational
- Knowledge of Intellectual Property, Anti-Trust and Contract law
- Experience of a regulated industry preferred
- Fluent English; French language skills beneficial but not essential.
- Proficient in the common Microsoft systems.
- Integrity, Confidentiality and Trust
- Approachable team player
- Drive and Commitment
- Detail and Results Orientation
- Effective prioritization in a busy environment
- Able presenter
- Ability to present to, work and communicate with all levels of a diverse Organization
- Approachable, friendly and helpful to the business teams and colleagues
- Able to work in an international environment with many different cultures and personalities
Who is Monsanto?
Monsanto is an agriculture company with more than 20,000 employees focused on making a balanced meal accessible to everyone.
We work to help farmers produce food in a more sustainable way. We think about how our food is grown so farmers have the tools they need to have better harvests.
We believe that bringing diverse perspectives together is the most effective way to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s biggest challenges.
Career opportunities at Monsanto range from farming, plant breeding and engineering to marketing, environmental science, IT and many other areas.
We’re always looking for exceptional professionals interested in developing a strong career while collaborating to develop solutions for sustainable agriculture. Sound like a job for you?
Why work with us?
- Life at Monsanto means collaborating with dedicated professionals in a stimulating environment.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- You will work with market leading brand products in a global organization.
- We provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and some of the best career development opportunities in the industry.
- Monsanto is named Great Place to Work in many countries around the world.
- Join our global team where your contribution will make a real difference!
How to Apply
Applications for this positions can be emailed to email@example.com.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.