The Nairobi Hospital, a leading health care institution in Eastern Africa has excellent career opportunities for individuals who possess a passion for excellence, strong work ethic, are results oriented and committed to continual improvement.
The successful candidates will be team players with the ability to effectively add value to enabling good patient outcomes and shape best clinical and non-clinical practice.
Reporting to the Chief Accountant, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following amongst others:
- Target costing projects, prepare margin analysis and trace costs back to the activities.
- Provide cost effective data accumulation system to guide in decision making.
- Develop cost accounting framework that facilitates reporting of contribution margins for every business unit within the Hospital and ultimately cost of individual patient care.
- Provide reports on break even points by products and business units.
- Minimize variances between actual and standard costs and give report on possible causes of variances which occur.
- Support budgeting and cost forecasting periodically.
- Identify and propose cost effective solutions to management
- Create and review controls needed for data accumulation and reporting systems.
- Analyze capital budgeting requests and advise accordingly.
- Advice on product profitability, pricing structures and evaluation and monitoring supports required.
- Generate reports for management, internal and external audits.
- Participate in the month-end and year-end closing of the General ledger as well as the internal and external audits.