The Nairobi Hospital, a leading health care institution in Eastern Africa has excellent career opportunities for individuals who possess a passion for excellence, strong work ethic, are results oriented and committed to continual improvement.
The successful candidates will be team players with the ability to effectively add value to enabling good patient outcomes and shape best clinical and non-clinical practice.
Reporting to the Lead Radiotherapist, the successful candidates will be responsible for the following amongst others:
- Computerized treatment planning and dose calculations.
- Treatment delivery.
- Preparing appropriate moulds for patient therapy.
- Implementing and managing dosimetric and beam delivery aspects.
- Brachy therapy planning.
- Provide assurance of accurate delivery of prescribed radiation doses and associated risks.
- Patient education and counseling.
- Ensure safety radiation protection of patient and other staff members within the department.
- Developing and implementing protocols of care.
- Quality Assurance tests of radiotherapy equipment to ensure compliance with quality standards, radiation safety and security policies.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- BSc in Physics/Medical Physics.
- M.Sc. in Physics /Medical Physics will be an added advantage.
- Registered member of a recognized Medical Physics Association & eligible for licensing from the Kenya Radiation Protection Board.
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a Medical Physicist.
- Experience in brachytherapy treatment is preferred.
- Detail oriented.
- Good analytical skills.
How to Apply
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application quoting the reference and include your current remuneration, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees to:
The Human Resources Manager
The Nairobi Hospital
P.O. Box 30026
Nairobi – 00100
To be received not later than 21st April 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.