The Nairobi Hospital, a leading health care institution in Eastern Africa has excellent career opportunities for individuals who possess a passion for excellence, strong work ethic, are results oriented and committed to continual improvement.
The successful candidates will be team players with the ability to effectively add value to enabling good patient outcomes and shape best clinical and non-clinical practice.
Reporting to the Senior System Administrator, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following amongst others:
- Responsible for day-to-day monitoring, technical support and planning of all aspects of the network infrastructure (LAN/WAN/Wireless network) while ensuring that hospital’s ICT environment is secure.
- Evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput and latency.
- Responsible for installation, configuration and testing of equipment.
- Maintaining network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning.
- Ensuring adequate data protection measures are in place and that these are tested on a regular basis.
- Taking proactive steps to ensure an appropriate level of system availability.
- Monitoring and maintain the security of ICT infrastructure within the hospital.
- Implementation of ICT security/network policies and procedures;
- Establishing, managing and administering the hospital’s ICT security policy and procedures to ensure preventive and recovery strategies are in place and minimize the risk of internal and external security threats.
- Providing general ICT user support as will be allocated through helpdesk.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Cisco professional certification
- ICT security certification or experience will be an added advantage
- 3 years’ experience in Information Technology with hands on experience in LAN, WAN and Wireless networks.
- Working knowledge/experience with IP telephony systems (VoIP) will be an added advantage.
- Experience in ICT security administration.
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to research & solve complex issues independently.
How to Apply
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application quoting the reference and include your current remuneration, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees to:
The Human Resources Manager
The Nairobi Hospital
P.O. Box 30026
Nairobi – 00100
To be received not later than 21st April 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.