Role Profile: Network Monitoring Center (NMC) Engineer
Sheer Logic is seeking to engage a dynamic individual for the Network Monitoring Center (NMC) Engineer position for one of our clients in the Oil and Gas Industry.
Job Summary: The NMC is responsible for the day to day monitoring and operation of the WBS network which is managed and maintained by the monitoring centre situated at Gateway Business Park , Block A.
The centre is responsible for the overall quality control and service operation of local / national / regional / international data and voice infrastructure and can intervene via remote facility to ensure that service is monitored and supported for optimized service delivery.
The NMC is available from 24-7 throughout the Gregory calendar year.
Key Result Areas
- The collation of all platform availability metrics and data.
- Coordinate professional and timely resolution of network troubles.
- Provide effective problem management for communications services.
- Provide high quality router, switch, and multiplexer configuration services.
- Provide high quality domain name services.
- Manage network changes and moves to minimize disruption.
- Monitor critical network components to detect failures and degraded performance.
- Identify problem areas and coordinate corrective action before services are affected.
- Provide customers with timely updates on service requests.
- Provide timely, consistent and meaningful communications regarding the availability of network services.
- Provide general information about company communications networks and services.
- Meet regularly with key customers to ensure communications needs are being met.
- Collaborate with other third party providers to improve network performance and management.
- To achieve its objectives and ensure QOS levels, the NMC maintains network configuration and contact information, notification systems for planned and unplanned outages.
- Assists in design of trouble ticket and change management systems.
- Keeps abreast of emerging technologies and related management tools.
- Serves as a second level escalation of customer related problems.
Degree in Computer Science, CCNA and CCNP will be an added advantage
How to Apply
Send your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 24th April 2017.
Remember to indicate NMC Engineer as the subject head