Nova Pioneer – Schools for Innovators and Leaders
Early Learning School Teachers
Tatu City, Kenya
Nova Academies is looking for superstar Early Learning School Teachers to fill 2018 vacancies in its Tatu City Primary School whose construction begins in April 2017.
We are seeking dynamic individuals who wants to empower students with a different learning approach using the Kenyan system. This is an opportunity to help create a transformative school model with the future of Africa’s youth at stake.
Imagine a world in which every young person in Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century.
A school that demands excellence, helps students learn by doing and exploring rather than by memorizing, equips students with globally competitive science and technology skills, and builds the character and growth mindset that will shape the rest of their lives.
Now imagine that this school is not in one town, in one country, but in every town, in every country. This is what we imagine, and we want you to help make it happen.
ABOUT NOVA ACADEMIES
In 2014 we launched a new venture to build the first pan-African network of high-quality, affordable primary and secondary schools.
This year we will be operating six schools—two in Nairobi and four in Johannesburg—and gearing up for rapid growth, initially across East and Southern Africa and eventually across West Africa as well.
Our venture is structured as a social enterprise to enable us to attract the investment that will be needed to launch 100 schools and reach tens of thousands of students in the next decade.
We have a unique, entrepreneurial work environment with a strong team culture that is designed to reinforce our vision.
The core elements of our culture include:
- We model the growth mindset we want our students to embody: you are challenged every day and, as a result, you grow more than at any other point in your life
- We pursue excellence in every detail and do whatever it takes to produce great work quickly
- We are radically open: we share tough messages and our own vulnerabilities because doing so helps us grow
- We put our students before our team, and our team before ourselves
- We bring infectious energy, enthusiasm and fun to everything we do because joy fuels the hardest work and learning
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are hiring Primary School Teachers to oversee the daily learning for Primary school students within a teaching team.
You will be required to participate in, and lead where appropriate, extra-curricular programmes in the school and assist in planning and organising of school events and functions (e.g. inter-house competitions, concerts, school plays, and award evenings.)
You will also:
- Provide a safe and secure environment for children to feel comfortable.
- Plan activities that meet the social, physical and emotional needs of the children
- Develop scheme of work and lesson plans in line with the school curriculum
- Schedule stimulating and learning activities for the children
- Prepare teaching aids to facilitate children learning
- Devise games and activities, and also provides playing equipment, and ensure the playing facilities and equipment are clean and safe
- Supervise the children as they learn and play
- Observe and evaluate each child’s progress and provide a written report to the Principal, other school leaders and parents.
- Monitor and keep record/ reports of the children’s progress and development
- Assimilate arriving children to the school environment by greeting them, helping them remove outerwear, and selecting activities of interest to them.
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior, and policies and procedures to maintain order among students.
- Plan and supervise class projects, field trips, visits by guests, or other experiential activities, and guide students in learning from those activities.
- Assist in bus loading and unloading
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops in order to maintain and improve professional competence.
- You have a strong, demonstrated passion for education and young children
- You have experience teaching early learners and exposure to montessori learning
- You have strong classroom management skills.
- You have an understanding of and passion for inquiry based, student-centered learning.
- You have a team player mentality – enjoy working in teams and group problem solving.
- You care deeply about personal growth.
- You have a 1-2 years of teaching experience
- You are a qualified (or qualifying) teacher with a ECDE and P1 diploma or a combination of both
- You are licensed by the TSC
Does working at Nova Academies excite you?
CLICK HERE to apply online
If you’re a great fit, we will drop everything and call you immediately.
Please note: Where a copy of your resume is required, copying and pasting from a formatted document e.g. Microsoft Word® may not result in the formatting transferring correctly to the final resume. You are encouraged to attach your resume in Microsoft Word® or PDF format to protect formatting.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the right candidate is identified.
Only qualified candidates will be invited for interviews.