Vacancy: Operations Infrastructure and Logistics Manager
Job Ref: WM/OLM/1
About our client: Our client manufactures and distributes animal health products in Kenya.
They are looking for a dynamic Operations Infrastucture and Logistics Manager. The overall goal is to minimise wastage and maximise profitability for the company by ensuring maximum efficiency.
In order for this to be achieved, processes must be continuously evaluated and improved step by step, as an individual process and as a part of one single process – the operation of the company as a whole.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installation of networking and system infrastructure at all locations
- Overseeing and coordinating renovations of existing or acquired premises
- Overseeing, coordination and development of the depot distribution network
- Creating, enforcing and auditing Standard Operating Procedures for infrastructure development
- Overseeing the documentation and record keeping for all vehicles and equipment
- Ensuring connectivity throughout all locations (internet, cell network, etc)
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overseeing the scheduling and allocation of vehicles and drivers (trucks and third party delivery services) including internal deliveries
- Coordination of rescue procedure in the case of breakdown / accident of vehicles
- Coordination of maintenance schedule for entire fleet
- Overseeing internal maintenance personnel schedule and workload
- Daily logistical issues report
- Daily maintenance report
- Weekly progress report on all building and depot development projects
- Weekly report on targets to be achieved in the week to come and the week previous
- Monthly report on fleet performance including; rotation, breakdowns, mileage, delays and issues and efficiency recommendations.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Relevant degree in project management or construction
- Experience in operations, project management or managing construction sites with over 30 fleet of vehicles
- Ability to think strategically and to design long term plans and budgets
- Ability to prepare adequate and timely reports
- Effective problem-solving and staff mentorship skills
- Strong character who can keep their head above water when facing a storm
Remuneration and Benefits
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, experience and qualifications
To apply, send your CV in word format with a recent photograph of yourself embedded in the top right hand corner.
Attach an application letter demonstrating how your skills, experience and qualifications are transferrable to the role.
All documentation is to be emailed to email@example.com, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.
ONLY short listed candidates will be contacted.