Job Title: Operations Manager – Motorcycle Industry
Salary: 250k – 300k
Our client is a Motorcycle Taxi company that aims to professionalize the African motorcycle taxi industry.
They aim to create a community of professional drivers, which is clearly visible for passengers and operates under the company’s motor-taxi label.
They are searching for a hands-on but at the same time strategic Operations Manager, who is passionate about working with the community and improving road safety in Kenya while introducing the taxi industry with a new standard based on reliability and trustworthiness.
He/She needs to create a smooth efficient service that meets the expectations and needs of customers (both riders and passengers) and the investors.
Outcome of the company is not only measured by profit but social impact as well.
- Planning and controlling the business from end to end
- Managing the four core businesses of the company and ensure profitability
- Reviewing and managing budgets.
- Overseeing inventory/ stock
- Team management
- Staff coaching and management
- Partnerships and networking with the corporate accounts and ensure efficient service delivery.
- Act as the liaison between the HQ in Kenya and the managing board in Netherlands.
- Master/ Bachelor’s degree, preferable in the area of business administration.
- 10 years’ experience in logistics and fleet management
- Excellent writing and reporting skills
- Have strong leadership skills and ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- A motivated, proactive, empathic personality, who is truly a team player
- Management and coaching skills.
- Able to work in a multi-cultural setup and should have the ability to communicate effectively.
- Experience in working with communities or community development projects is preferred.
- International experience, Entrepreneur experience, Start-up experience is preferred.
- Creative, stress free and a mediator.
- Have a keen eye for detail and also be able to see the bigger picture in terms of steering the company forward.
- A valid driver license (E, FG).
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Operations Manager – Motorcycle Industry) to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday 5th May 2017.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted