Position: Sourcing Manager
Reporting to: Head of Supply Chain
Role Purpose: He/she is responsible for maximizing efficiency and effectiveness of the department in responding to procurement needs and in implementing the procurement strategy to deliver value to internal clients by optimizing costs throughout the product life cycle and proactive supplier management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviewing the sourcing strategy and process, adopting the appropriate organization, procedures and tools that guarantee and improve performance.
- Develop and manage the procurement department including setting targets and monitoring performance.
- Developing and delivering Procurement Strategy across the company to deliver target benefits and financial savings including approving each category manager’s purchase category strategy and savings plans.
- Engage support and agreement for the strategy from key stakeholders so that implementation and compliance are optimal; promote the effective management of suppliers to sustain value throughout the life of the contract.
- Establish new processes and systems for effective procurement across the company; develop and implement an e-Procurement vision.
- Responsible for supplier performance evaluation and monitoring
- Provide support to business functions in managing the contract execution and ensuring compliance with contractual SLA and KPI’s
- Manage supplier dispute resolutions
- Plans procurement strategies and conducts negotiations
- Negotiates agreements to support total business requirements rather than focusing on lowest-price options
- Engages and collaborates with Legal department appropriately for contract database management.
- Creates various types of contracts or agreements that can be used to accomplish TKL’s commercial & technical goals
- Develops standard form contracts for local contracts.
- Develop a savings reporting mechanism with Finance which is understood and accepted by the user departments.
- Produce regular reports on performance by sourcing function and provide comprehensive management information and in-depth analysis when requested including spend analysis, savings secured and potential savings – for forecast and budgets
- Develop and agree with supervisor annual departmental cost savings targets for the annual Budget process; develop and agree the annual Head of Supply Chain.
- Ensuring that the Sourcing team receives the motivation, training and development, coaching and guidance to enable them to keep abreast of latest developments and achieve their maximum contribution.