Parker Randall Eastern Africa is a member firm of Parker Randall International. We offer professional services in Audit, Tax and Advisory across Africa.
The firm is committed to deliver quality services through highly integrated global methodologies and adherence to professional standards.
The Eastern Africa Practice has its regional office in Nairobi, Kenya.
We seek to recruit for the position of HR and Administration Manager based in the Nairobi office but with limited travel to the regional offices.
Effectively manage the Human Resource and Administration function in the firm:
- In liaison with the Executives, develop a HR Strategy for the firm;
- Developing, reviewing and revising HR policies in compliance with changing or new legislation;
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling queries, interpreting and administering contracts, and providing pragmatic and consistent guidance and advice to managers on performance and other human resource issues;
- Perform human resources management work relating to recruitment, hiring, orientation, compensation and benefits, performance management, capacity building, and transitions (i.e., promotion, transfer or separation);
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation in coordination with the heads of department to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives;
- Arrange and monitor induction for all staff and ensure that meetings are arranged, objectives met and that feedback is obtained. Ensure that the induction pack is maintained and kept up to date;
- Maintain records and compile statistical reports concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals, and absenteeism rates, disciplinary reports, Leaves forms etc.;
- Payroll administration in liaison with the finance team on salaries for existing and prospective staff, ensuring consistency with approved budgets as well as administration of benefits and other compensation packages;
- Oversee integrity of performance management process, including utilization of relevant forms, and ensure appraisals are conducted as per policy and completed in timely manner;
- Liaise with the Chief Executive Officer and other Directors on employee grievances, interpretation and compliance of labor laws, disputed vendor contracts, etc. Represent organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations;
- Analyse reports to identify and determine causes of personnel problems and turnover and develop recommendations for improvement of organization’s personnel policies and practices;
- Support in management of the procurement process including prequalification of suppliers as per the procurement policy;
- Manage service delivery by third-party service providers including consultants and outsourced services by monitoring contracts and service level agreements, taking corrective action where necessary;
- Submit monthly reports to the Chief Executive Officer as per the approved reporting templates and framework.