Pastry Chef – Casual
Our client, specializing in high end outside and cooperate catering, is seeking to recruit a Pastry Chef
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the Pastry Section in the food and beverage Kitchen department by demonstrate strong leadership qualities with attention to detail.
- Accountable for the quality and consistency of all pastry products produced and served.
- Demonstrate a ‘hands on’ approach to all bakery products produced in the Pastry section ensuring quality, presentation and consistency standards meet company standards.
- Assist with the development of standardized recipes for all menu items. Ensure that recipes are accurate and updated as needed.
- Ensure that all food products prepared meet the established specifications and standards.
- Ensure proper levels of bakery and pastry items are prepared based on forecasted needs and their prompt delivery to the designated outlet for guest consumption.
- Assign tasks effectively for the efficient use of allocated labour ensuring maximum results are achieved.
- Act as a team leader, trainer and motivator for the pastry department working closely with and maintaining good relations with all culinary team members and other departments.
- Seek to maintain knowledge of industry trends in the world of pastry and baking.
Qualification and Experience
- Diploma in bakery / pastry from Kenya Utalii College or any other internationally recognized hotel training institution.
- Have at least five (5) years’ experience in a similar position in a large organization, specializing in making cakes, bread and general baking.
- Fully competent in all aspects of baking and pastry.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work well in environments with time constraints.
- Ability to work in tight production schedules and set quotas for number of items to be produced on a daily basis.
- Innately creative and self-motivated.
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org before 14th April, 2017.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and expected remuneration on the subject line.
Flexi personnel does not charge candidates for job placement